PDA

View Full Version : Rotating camera

stuh505
08-04-2005, 01:06 AM
For some reason rotating or moving the camera is extremely difficult. Even when I make a simple scene that is empty, moving the camera fluidly is not possible. I don't understand why this is the case, it seems that it takes less computation to populate an ecosystem with 20 million vertices than to move the camera in an empty scene by a tiny amount. I find it very difficult to do anything since the camera is the closest thing to a perspective viewport and it is so unresponsive that I cannot make fine tune adjustments to the zoom or angle. Are there any settings I can change to optimize this? I tried looking in the opengl settings and didn't see anything that looked like it would help. Turning off auto update on the minirender doesn't help. It seems that the only thing that needs to be done is for opengel to render a plane...yet clearly its trying to do a LOT more...?

Wabe
08-04-2005, 10:44 AM
I guess you are using the icons to the left under the review window.

You always can select the (main) camera in the list of objects and then do the manipulations like every other object in the four windows views.

stuh505
08-04-2005, 04:58 PM
Yes, I am using the icons (to the right). I know that I can move the camera manually but that is so much more difficult, for instance if the camera is at a 45 angle then rotating it down in an ortho view will twist it..

mdunakin
08-04-2005, 07:02 PM
For me, I think I mostly use (most of the time, that is) the little ball with the arrows on it,
in the upper right, along with the four way arrors for moving the camera up or down or side to side.
Though when I need exacting, then I may use the values numerical inputs.

.....................md :)

CGTalk Moderation
08-04-2005, 07:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.