PDA

View Full Version : [Anim] Bomb

Chac
08-03-2005, 08:46 PM
Hi all!
Here is my latest animation.
The soundtrack is in french, about 18 seconds, I set a subtitle in US (but I think you might have understood without ;) ), and as always, it's a free-rigg.
My goal was to do something more snappy//cartoon than what I do usually, so it's intentional that the acting is "overplay".
I don't know if all the time/work spent on it shows but I think I went as far as I could on this one. Nevertheless, with 172 hours for the rendering, I'm not ready to redo it again.
Big thank's to Mattone (http://mattone13.free.fr/) for the background (first step with Vray :D).

http://www.last-chac.com/imgopt/Bomb_Home.jpg

http://www.last-chac.com/download/Bomb_www.last-chac.com.avi

So, next !

Chac (http://www.last-chac.com/)
Nb: the big fan of Fight Club will understand the wink at it ;)

SergeAstahov
08-03-2005, 09:27 PM
Hehehe great idea. That was really funny. The only thing that attracted my attention that even before the case was opened they stopped being scared and when it was opened they were looking more like surprised than scared. I mean of course they were surprised seeing vibrator instead of a bomb but when it just has opened they yet didn't know what was there and they were already surprised than shocked. That's one minor comment if you get my point. But anyway the acting is great. And i really loved the way all of the characters were bisy with their own different stuff.

F3D
08-04-2005, 08:32 AM
thats hilarious!
I'd like to see his right arm extended or whatever, I mean..when he's pointing at the bomb. could prolly look better if he didnt have both his hands so close to himself, but one straight and pointing at the bomb, while the other one (hig right I guess) was up in the air, like "hey over here, its a bomb!" sort of.. :)
but still, killer stuff

phenobarbidoll
08-07-2005, 07:37 PM
Holly shit, that was funny ! :D

I agree about the silhouette thing as flow3d said. But just the fact that people laugh, you already reach your goal...I think
Keep up the good work! ;)

Obaid3DFX
08-08-2005, 03:57 AM
hahahah

that was funny....

great animation...
:applause:

Patrick05
08-08-2005, 06:45 AM
haha good stuff, I laughed at his voice more than the fact that it was wasn't a bomb. I like though :)

Chac
08-08-2005, 06:46 PM
Eye Of Hawk:
Well, at first they are surprised 'cause the case get open...it's quite unusual a case that get open by itself ;) . Anyway, thank's for your comments! :D

flow3d:
It's true! In fact, at the beginning of the animation, I chose an other camera P.O.V (more on the left), and I worked the silhouette this way. But to see all the animation (the 4 characters), I had to make some compromises and I lost a bit of the silhouette. But you're right. thx

Phenobarbidoll:

Thank's a lot!! It's true that it's the first time that I put a "end" to an animation. While I was doing this one, I hoped to get some smiles, if it's the case, i'm happy! :scream: (it's gonna be hard to be funny each time ^^, lol)

Alom and Patrick05:
thanks a lot :)

blz
08-08-2005, 11:52 PM
:) that was funny
i like the style and animation, whole thing is very entertaining so congratz :)

MorteR
08-08-2005, 11:58 PM
Liked the gag. ;)
But there is something that bothers me a lot when I see good animation like this. And that is the unrealistic, or unnatural movement of the characters.
Try and study actual people sitting on a bench minding their own business. There is almost too much movement in this anim. We people actually try to preserve our energy as much as possible.
Like the char reading in the mag. IMO he should rather be less active, making the flipping of the pages with the least of effort. How do you flip through a mag? How are you when you are bored?

But then again, there's the character features to think about, and so on.

I agree with the pointing. If I had freaked out about a bomb, and pointed at it, I wouldn't made a "Hay'be baybe'". I would prob. be more streatched in my poses.

But a good anim. I like it :) Nice work!

shenmue
08-09-2005, 12:07 AM
Hi
Really funny animation.C´est vraiment genial,trés rigolo.I was wondering wich software you have used.Is it max?oh, and olso, what kind of render you used.Vray,scanline,mental ray?
I liked the ilumination too.
Good work.
rediting post:...I didn´t see that you used vray...my bad...But is it irradiance map or photon map?

jamagica
08-09-2005, 12:10 AM
this is HILL-ARIOUS! I've watched it about 6 times and I laugh each time. the shuffling legs is very funny. Haha...and the guy who hyperventilates. This is GREAT.

The only thing I saw was that major movement was linear. There needs to be more arcs in movement. Especially when the head moves and that one dude gets up to answer his cell phone.

it looks awesome other than that

CGTalk Moderation
08-09-2005, 12:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.