PDA

View Full Version : Animation Test and exercises...

DKScully
02-21-2002, 01:42 PM
Hi again, Here are some of my first animation exercises. I would be happy if you could comment them.

I'd also like some ideas for exercises... like a character lifting weight..

Well thats all.. here are the animations...

CS. 3

http://www.geocities.com/dkscully21es/animaciones/

if10w
02-21-2002, 05:18 PM
first animtion exercise!? well, u've done a very good job, the overlapping action and follow-through r very fluid. did u come up with these exercises or they are from school?

heres a few things i noticed, hope u don't mind :)

vid#1--b4 he jumps, he doesn't look up. maybe a little anti will make things more clear. also, more anti b4 he lifts himself up? but it will depend on how strong he is. the legs crossing over the bar is very well done. the landing doesn't show much of the impact, or he squat too much? it seems to me he is landing on something soft.

vid#2-- his body should be tense up a bit due to the sudden event and because he is concentrate on the rod, imho, i think the feet move too much when he is checking the rod after it pops up. its distracting when the viewer is suppose to look at the acting above the table. if u keep the feet movement at minium on the second part it will give a good contrast between the state he is in b4 and after the rod pops up.

vid#3--this one is very well done. may be speed up the beginning and then make him hold his head a bit longer? im nitpicking here.

vid#4--heehee alien song?

vid#5--im not sure what is the big guy doing b4 he got punched. is he trying to smach the little's head with both hands? the punch of the little guy looks okay, maybe making it more snappy? to me, the big guy doesn't look like he got punched, it looks more like he is throwing himself backward.

vid#6--again, this one is very good. can't see anything wrong here.

vid#7--a dance? balancing act?

vid#8--this one looks very awkward. he looks like a dummy on wheel then someone trying to keep the balance. perhaps make him try balancing on the 2nd pause longer, like riding back and fore a bit, and then loses control b4 he slides off the screen? anyway, this is a tough one to do.

(is there a problem with the hand on the screen right? his palm seems twist backward.)

vid#9--hmmmm the head jerks too much? and not enough secondary action when the it reaches to the standing position?

vid#10--errrh????? :p

:D if10w :D

DKScully
02-21-2002, 08:49 PM
Hello, and thank you for your comments... ;-)

Some of these animations are started in class but finished at home. But most of them are made at home.

I'm searching exercises to improve my animation skill.

I can't write fluently so I can't say always what I want, so thank you and....

See u soon.

Daxx
02-22-2002, 02:08 AM
Good Animation Man!!

Raul3d
02-22-2002, 06:25 PM
Las animaciones son muy buenas.¿Donde has aprendido?¿a qué escuela de 3d has ido?.Buen trabajo.Un saludo.

DKScully
02-23-2002, 05:47 AM
Eym, muchas gracias pero preferiria algo mas de critica :)))) para progresar :-)))))) Alguna q otra sugerencia.

More critics please :-PPPPP....

La academia a la que fui es CICE. Pero creo q lo mejor es el trabajo en casa de cada uno y el interes.

Un saludo.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.