PDA

View Full Version : When I Saw This

Kaiser_Sose
10-30-2002, 09:26 AM
I was happenning to be watching T.V. and I passed by HBO when they were doing the making of the movie Spirit : Stallion Of The Cimarron. They were explaining it was the first ever full computer generated animated movie and they were emphasizing the fact that home based computers are now capable of doing this

When I saw this, I just had to learn how to do this

Here (www.ceramickitchen.com/1.avi)

The file size is kinda big, but after all it is a movie

red_oddity
10-30-2002, 11:33 AM
The first fully computer generated animation?

Is Katzenberg opening his mouth again?

And home computers have always been able to do animation, not the rendering though, but the animation was never a real problem.

MrWyatt
10-30-2002, 02:00 PM
It could well be the first fully cg-animated cel-look film though. But I doubt it.

manfriday
10-30-2002, 02:21 PM
I coulda sworn that I just read in 3dworld that it was done with both traditional 2d animation AND 3d animation.
They detailed how they blended the two for scenes like the river rapids and such.

MrWyatt
10-30-2002, 02:53 PM
That would be most likely the truth, I suppose.

Infinity3d4life
10-30-2002, 08:18 PM
I seen a making of thing about this movie, and they had a polygon horse running up to a cliff, then they showed it with the cel shader added, and i swear you couldn't tell the difference between 2d and 3d... cool as hell..

Kaiser_Sose
10-31-2002, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Infinity3d4life
I seen a making of thing about this movie, and they had a polygon horse running up to a cliff, then they showed it with the cel shader added, and i swear you couldn't tell the difference between 2d and 3d... cool as hell..

Ya, that was realy cool

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.