PDA

View Full Version : Startup Problem

sandrich
08-03-2005, 03:50 PM
I have 3DS Max 7. Sometimes when I start up Max, the splash screen comes on, and it shows the files that are currently being loaded on bottom. When it gets to plugins/rct_utility, I get an error, and the program shuts down. Sometimes I uninstall and reinstall again and it works, somtimes it doesnt. Even if i erase everything in the max folder. When I reformat it goes back to normal, but the problem comes back. Someone help please...

Thanks,
Steve

JohnnyRandom
08-04-2005, 04:01 PM
Strange, not sure whats up. Have you tried installing SP1? Maybe search autodesk's 3dsmax support forum or the knowledge base.

purestudio
08-04-2005, 05:21 PM
Yep. I have this problem but i use SP2.

sandrich
08-06-2005, 12:39 AM
Have you ever gotten it fixed? I just heard recently that a virus known as Win32/pate.b infects the Max folder. I did a virus scan and I have the virus. I also have a virus called Win32/Pirate that infects alot of my programs including 3ds max. How did you fix your problem?

JohnnyRandom
08-08-2005, 11:01 PM
Yep. I have this problem but i use SP2.

SP1 for 3dsmax not windows. SP2 for windows isn't "officially" supported for Max, I've SP2 for windows installed and haven't any issues.

As for the virus issue good luck. Maybe Symantec has a virus removal tool.

maybe stay away from them warez sites...you never know what people can add to an unofficial piece of software.

CGTalk Moderation
08-08-2005, 11:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.