PDA

View Full Version : Character; Mean Machine

Mordin
08-03-2005, 03:34 PM
Hi,

This is my first real attempt at a game character. I have only been using Maya for about 6 months.The character is Mean Machine from Judge Dredd (the comic, not the lame Stallone film). He only has one arm, and I dont know why he never had another attached.
I cant seem to find a decent picture of him showing his armless state, so the one from the film will have to do.:) (all the other pics seem to show him from the right side).

I am attempting to model Dredd as well. I was told that modeling famous (ish) characters was a good idea because they can see if you have captured the likeness or not.

Can you tell me what you think of my modelling? I still have trouble knowing when and where to use triangles, I was always told to use quads- have I done this right. Does the edge flow, etc, look right? ( i have nt painted the weights in the 'Posed' image).

For the mechanical arm I have parented the objects to the joints. Would this work in a game engine?

If I was to add more geometery where should I add it? More edge loops around the legs/body for better deformation? Or more detail to the face?

I have only used 3431 Tris. I guess I could go higher as I imagine he would be some kind of boss, and new consoles can handle quite a bit.

The textures are my first attempt- not getting it quite right yet! The jeans texture is not my work.

C&C very welcome....

Mordin
08-03-2005, 03:36 PM
And some more images....

CGTalk Moderation
08-03-2005, 03:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.