PDA

View Full Version : How do I make a Tree??

mjkennedy
08-03-2005, 02:51 PM
Hey, I was wondering if anyone could tell me, or point me in the direction of a tutorial that would tell me how to build a tree in XSI.

I was thinking i could just model the trunk and branches and then use transparency maps for the leaves, but I just cant think of a realistic/ efficent way to place those hundreds of trancparency maps all over the tree.

Any help would be great! thanks,

Matt

bahman
08-03-2005, 08:29 PM
U can use particles for leaves , I don't know how can u do it in XSI but if I want to do this in maya I will use Particle Instancer wich Replaces Particles Wtih Object.

mjkennedy
08-04-2005, 02:54 PM
U can use particles for leaves , I don't know how can u do it in XSI but if I want to do this in maya I will use Particle Instancer wich Replaces Particles Wtih Object.

Neat idea. Im sure there must be a way to do it in XSI. Anyone have any idea?

Thanks,

Matt

SoulVector
08-04-2005, 03:54 PM
I dont know if this is of any help either but is there any Ltree generator in XSI ? There is an excellent procedural lsystem operator in Houdini which lets you attach leaves and specify the thickness of the branches. You can then export it as .obj

Other than that the way to go is to extrude and extrude til you get something that looks like a tree.

Chris_Mackin
08-09-2005, 01:46 AM
Is there a way to do the particle, object replacement thing in 3ds max 7?

CGTalk Moderation
08-09-2005, 01:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.