View Full Version : FILM WIP - updated character
02-21-2002, 01:52 PM
I've improved him!
Still unfinished, I need to seem (weld) his left face to the right, do some more mouth surgery, texture him, and a few other things.
I've also updated the website with more info about the film's development.
SEE YOU GUYS next week!
02-21-2002, 02:38 PM
Cool improvement - i like these thingies on his head ;)
So i´ve just some questions: Have you modelled the teeths or are they another mesh ? I am just asking because i´ll have to answer that question if i make progress on my first self-made character :D I think it´s easier to animated the teeths if they are modelled, but i am not sure !?
Keep up the good work & organisation !!! Have you finished some scenes or the intro of this movie ?!
02-21-2002, 03:10 PM
I actually like him better without the "thingies" on his head! they seem like detail just for the sake of detail..
I'm very impressed by the eyebrow part, very sharp and nicely shaped! I always find that part tricky to get right!
I'm also curious to how people do teeth and tongue, are they seperate objects? and how do you avoid them sliding around in the mouth when doing facials?
Looking forward to seeing your short! It seems to become a high quality! ;)
02-21-2002, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the comments guys.
1) the teeth were built as a separate mesh. I am going to have to weld them to the gums (to be tweaked) so that they don't slide around during facials. If I were to use bones for facial animation - I wouldn't have this problem. But I am going for morph targets for greater freedom in animation - so I am going to have this problem!
2) I have started one scene. I have stopped modelling and scene setup so I can concentrate on my storyboards which are more important. They are vital if I am to raise finance for this project.
3) I should have a first trailer for Aug
4) I am keeping the thingies! I know they stand out too much, but I hope to lessen their presence through texture. I feel they are important to giving the Alien characture, else he's looks bold. I still have some work to making the antennae more integrated
5) The tongue & gums are part of the head mesh. I will post a graphic of this next week
6) Nice work Bassit - keep up the work:>
7) Stephan - nice work on you website - some fantastic animation - do you know Gwilym Morris and Chan Gill. I got offered a job on Dinotopia too! What are you doing after Dinotopia - Harry Potter?
02-21-2002, 06:55 PM
02-21-2002, 07:00 PM
Can't wait to see them moving.
the whole mouth has a very fluid look to it.
but can you make it do what my mind sees?!
02-21-2002, 07:55 PM
Nice modelling on the mouth and gumbs . . . with some perfect textures it will look fantastic !
Thanks for that wire - it really helps me to learn more about organis modelling.
PS: Maybe you´ve the time to help me with my first character - i could need any c&c !!! Here is the link ! (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2333)
Have a nice day !
02-22-2002, 11:27 PM
Thanx for your compliments to my website! I don't know any of the guys you mentioned, but Framestore is a big place and I suck at remembering names and faces! :)
Dinotopia is wrapping up animation, and I'm actually on vacation at the moment back in Denmark! Loving it! :)
In March I'll go back and into the world of harry Potter 2, it'll be good fun I'm sure!
Why did you turn down a job at Framestore? It's a great place!
02-23-2002, 12:30 AM
Cool character, I think he has that friendly feel of Flick from Bug's Life. I'd love to see how the antennae will animate, they could really be used to eggagerate(did I spell that right?) the emotions well: Throw 'em back for anger, up for surprise...like an animator's extension of the eyebrows, anyway..cool character! if you have a minute, could you critique my character? here is the url: http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2668 , thanks. Keep up the great work!
02-25-2002, 02:27 PM
3DZukini - Yes, I will be animating the antennae alot to express alot of emotion - hence my defense for keeping them! As for your work - looks really good
Stefan - Yeh, Framestore is a big place! I turned it down because of two things: 1) money! 2) I'm a country boy and don't fancy the bright lights in the big city (had too much of that!) Maybe we'll bump into eachother sometime !
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
vBulletin v3.0.5, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.