PDA

View Full Version : upgraded from 32 bit to 64 bit windows maya having trouble reading files

skater363636
08-03-2005, 04:14 AM
hey i just upgraded my computer from a 32 bit processer to the new amd opteron dual core and went from windows xp pro to windows xp 64 bit pro. I loaded maya and when i went to go work on a file that i had been working on before the upgrade it gives me an error saying
"Errors have occurred while reading this scene that may result in data loss. Please check the Script Editor for details."
The only thing is it reads one of my old files but that is the only one and will not read any of the other old files. Can anyone tell me why and perhaps how to fix it. If anyone does my AIM is skater363636 looking to get this resloved as quickly as possible.

shreedharcva
08-03-2005, 04:50 AM
Hi Skater,

If u don't kick me I'ld suggest u Check the compatibility of a software before running it.
If I'm wrong, u have not given details for
--> Maya (Is there a 64bit version released by alias?)

skater363636
08-04-2005, 03:05 AM
well the program does run and the thing is that it read one of my files which is the thing thats really weird. If it wasn't compatible it shouldn't ready any. Also they run maya on SGI's and mac's which are all 64 bit and I'm using the same processer as places such as ILM and dreamworks. But yes it is supposed to be compatible and also if it wasn't there's WOW which is windows on windows which runs it on 32 bit. So still not understanding why it doesn't work.

CGTalk Moderation
08-04-2005, 03:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.