PDA

View Full Version : Getting Started

Lanche
08-03-2005, 03:21 AM
Well, I can only expect that this is "How To Get Started" Post #3452345661 on this forum, but hey - we all gotta start off somewhere.

I'll start by giving a bit of background info on myself so that CGTalk members could do me the immense favour of showing me how and where to start off in 3D work.

I have been designing for roughly 4 or 5 months, although I can admit to making some useless junk several months before and then dropping graphics altogether :D

My tools of the trade included Photoshop, Apophysis, Cinema 4D, and other bits here and there that I picked up over the course of my designing "career".

I'm currently starting on 3dsmax; Zbrush and Maya look like excellent candidates as well, but I don't want to take on more than I can handle.

Before you direct me, my most varied portfolio can be found at http://lanche.deviantart.com.

Due to my computer breaking down and picking up a part-time job, I slowed down immeasureably in terms of progress, and now that I'm ready to pick up again, I feel that it would be best to take advice from experienced designers rather than to self-instruct myself like I did before.

In short: I'm 15, I've got a long way to go, and (hopefully) enough room to gain a lot of experience and technique along the way. What I need right now, however, is a quick evaluation of my current skills / abilities, and suggestions, directions, or other tips on how to get into 3D art.

Lanche

Lanche
08-04-2005, 06:10 AM
Don't mean to double-post, but... one full day of waiting, and no replies? :(

CGTalk Moderation
08-04-2005, 06:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.