PDA

View Full Version : Eyeonline Released Digital Fusion 5

mekagu
08-02-2005, 10:18 PM
Digital Fusion 5 (http://www.eyeonline.com/Web/EyeonWeb/Products/fusion5/fusion5.aspx)

Emery
08-02-2005, 11:22 PM
A very exciting release for us compositors but I dont think it will get much interest around these parts. Fusion 5 really looks like a great release though. FBX import... imports the full scene, camera lights, mesh... a ton of new great features.

Wish shake 4 would have been half the release, although shakes new optical flow retiming and smoothing is very cool.

Emery

erilaz
08-02-2005, 11:32 PM
Woohooo! They finally got it out.

Those crazy kids just kept on wanting to add stuff to it! :D

Gein
08-02-2005, 11:53 PM
Congratulations to Eyeon for getting Fu5 out! :applause:

Does anyone know if there will be a Mac version? I know the Linux version will be out later...

gjpetch
08-03-2005, 12:56 AM
Instanced nodes, masks are now just tools, non-uniform soft edges in polylines, 3d tools, this looks awsome! I love Fusion.

Jozvex
08-03-2005, 01:08 AM
Definitely been looking forward to this upgrade!

:thumbsup:

ajsfuxor
08-03-2005, 03:55 AM
anyone know if the existing plug-ins like saphire and monster witll work with fusion 5? Or will we need to upgrade those too?

oodle
08-03-2005, 04:20 AM
sweettt
i've always love shake masking system works
now i have it on fusion :applause:

Jayk2k
08-03-2005, 06:46 PM
Plugins will require a recompile. Fusion 5 is a complete rewrite to support going to linux, and to be optimized for 64 bit.

ajsfuxor
08-04-2005, 01:34 AM
Hopefully the existing plugins will be recompiled for free for fusion 5?

Wizdoc
08-04-2005, 11:01 AM
Does Fusion 5 still feature support for AE plugins?

shingo
08-04-2005, 04:03 PM
Yes I'd say that the AE support hasn't changed seeing as AE plugs only work in 16 bit at best anyway.

Worst case AFAIK is that there will be a new AE plug-in to work with Fusion 5, but, it's purpose will be to support the AE plug-ins as they exist now.

Does Fusion 5 still feature support for AE plugins?

Milho
09-10-2005, 11:46 PM
I wrote a small article on my webblog, since the blog is still on my personal webserver and might be offline i'll copy it. Enjoy!

Could manage to go on the IBC [LINK] (http://www.ibc.org) in Amsterdam this year.

Whats up? HD… what else but mainly my interrest was to get to know some new information about eyeon’s Digital Fusion 5 [LINK] (http://www.eyeonline.com) .

And to spoil it: It looks better than I could imagine from what I saw on IBC 2004 and the videos!

First of all the OpenGL view is awesome! I was showed a software rendering of a 3D-Text scene with area/soft shadowing like effects. Really neat. The workflow of 3D-content is similar to the good old particle workflow. So you use all kind of 3D-Nodes and Merges and then convert the data to an image with a render node which enables you to use this result with typical 2D-nodes.
The interface of the 3D view reminded me af Maya/XSI style handles. The navigation feels pretty much like a 3D-App, too. Also OpenGL is used in various different ways. With a Quadview e.g. you can simultaneously watch a view with different color-controling devices like 3D-histogramm or vectorscope on the other views. And what is really stunning, the display of the colormonitoring is calculated on the GPU so the display of the footage/flow on the CPU will not be affected. Really awesome and it really is fast.
Talking of fast: 3D-Geometry acts pretty much like 2D-Imagedata. So you can take full benefits of node based compositing by connecting one geometry node to different operators, the geometry is referenced and stored only once in your memory. So I was demonstrated a scene with 3D-Text animation which was duplicated and shifted in time with a 3d-duplicate node several times and it was still playing back in realtime on the view.
With OpenGL’s hardware acclaration the view can easily handle a lot of polygons.
Also an important feature is the import any 3D-Geometry with the FBX-format. Baked/Vertex animation is also supported. Probably Fusion won’t replace a full 3D-application but for referencing geometry, camera-movement, lights and so on you might easily enhance the exchange with you 3D pipeline; it is easier to handle shots where 3D Compositing is needed and you can easily do small 3D-Animation tasks directly in compositing.

Besides this there are severaly new features:

* a small flow preview in the corner for easier navigation on big flows
* an ASCII-based flow/project format which enables you to easily manipulate your flow with scripts or thirdparty tools
* Double Polylines for custom polyline softness and B-Splines
* various new nodes

…and some more.

Check out the website for a full description [LINK] (http://www.eyeonline.com/Web/EyeonWeb/Products/fusion5/fusion5_whatsnew.aspx) .

Fusion 5 will have a complete new SDK, which is enriched with Fusion new features. According to the SDK Mailing List, the SDK will require Visual Studio .NET 2003 instead the out-dated Visual C++ 6 and older plugins, though not compatible can be ported with little effort.

Fusion 5 will be shipped some weeks after the IBC.
Unfortunately the OpenFX [LINK] (http://openfx.sourceforge.net) Plugin-Interface will not be supported due to specification changes on the release date but it may be handed in some months later.

CGTalk Moderation
09-10-2005, 11:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.