PDA

View Full Version : Unwanted DepthofField artifacts

onostuff
08-02-2005, 09:55 PM
I am currently rendering an animation using the Advanced Render Depth of Field, and am getting some harsh bright white artifacts in my pictures. They appear when I have "Distance Blur" turned on in my Render settings, and increase in size as I increase the Distance blur percentage amount. There are no objects or splines that I can see behind the artifacts, so I am assuming it is some sort of Lens effect, since the shape of the artifact matches the "lens shape" on the Lens section of the Depth of Field Post effects settings page. (adjusting the Lens sharpness and Lens Intensity on that page doesn't seem to do anything).
I don't want any sort of Lens effect, and have "Lens Effects" un checked on the render settings page. (By the way, does this effect the lens effects from the Lighting dialog settings, and if so, how do they interact with the settings on the Advanced Render Depth of Field setting? do they work with one another, or does advanced render take priority?).
Any idea where these are comming from and how I can turn them off?
C4d 9.1 and OS X.

Thanks
Patrick

CGTalk Moderation
08-02-2005, 09:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.