PDA

View Full Version : Stretching animation time?

mdunakin
08-02-2005, 06:04 PM
Where would I go to stretch the animation time?
Or where would I look for this at?

I have a nice animation flyby setup, but it's for 10 seconds and I want to stretch
it out to 30 or something else, but don't see where you set that at?

And is there a PDF manual for this thing?
I hate trying to dig stuff up in the manual, when I could just do a search in a PDF.

thanx...............md :)
I'm achin to make my first animation ;)

mdunakin
08-02-2005, 06:23 PM
OK, I used the help thingy, and did a search, but still couldn't find the answer I'm looking for?
I already have all the keyframes setup the way I want them throughout the animation.
I now just want to stretch out the time for the whole animation.
I just can't think of what to look under or what keyword/s to use to do a search to find the info?
I've tried several with no luck so far.

Hope someone is up and watching the group to help me out?
Maybe it's too early :)

thanx.....................................md :)

dueyftw
08-03-2005, 06:21 AM
If you stretch time it will slow down. Your animation will be slower by a third. I think want you want is to add to the animation. To do this you simply render what you have and save it. Then reopen the file and push the time line all the way to the end. Then you simply destroy the animation of each animated object including the camera. Once there is no animation, push the time line back to the start or zero.

If you are importing animation from Poser you will need to write down each objects position. On a paper I write down all 15 numbers for each object. You’ll find this at top of world browser. Click on middle icon. Then import the new one into the same layer. Change all the position information so if you were to render it looks like only one object is in the scene. Then delete the old object.

Change your time to frames and add to you last render. One thing do not render the first frame because you have it in the last render. Some time I will if camera shot has a different starting point or a slight glitch can add to an animation if it something like a person stopping then turning their head.

Dale

mdunakin
08-03-2005, 09:10 AM
Actually, yes, I want to slow down the scene :)

That's what I'm trying to do.
I had first set up all my keyframes for a 10 second anim, then later decided it
was too fast and wanted to slow `er down and stretch the whole time line out,
including the keyframes.

Like in LW, I just go to scale scene, and type in a number I like, like if I want to
make it 3 times as long, or for better wording, slow things down 3 times as much,
I type in 3 and it makes the whole scene 3 times as long, but makes the keyframes
all set to farther frames, thus making the whoile movement of the animation slower.

So, first off, thanx a ton for trying to help, as I appreciate it, and second,
sorry if I worded this wrong and gave the wrong impression for what I was after.
I should of been more clear about things and how I worded this.

Anyway, I did create my very first animation and it actually turned out pretty good!
Even though it's faster then I wanted, it still came out pretty cool!

I'll post it up or a slower version if I figure that out, that is, when I get the chance.
The animation came out to 20megs, as I thought I had DivX installed, which I did,
but couldn't find the option to save it as that, so I uninstalled DivX and will try again.
Since I saved the animation to uncompressed format.

Anyway, I'll get back to ya and let ya know how things turn out.
And thanx again for your reply also.............md :)

mdunakin
08-03-2005, 11:58 AM
Yeah!
OK!

After spending several hours researching this subject and looking in the Vue web site
forums and the Renderosity forums and finally back to the CG-Talk forum, I finally
found a thread that had a small tid-bit of info that got my started on the right path.
YAY!

Basically, I kept thinking, that since apparently, there is NO WAY to do what I want
to do in Vue, then maybe I could somehow Export the Camera along with it's motion
and THEN Import that into LW and make my adjustments from LW.
And then from LW bring the Camera back into Vue.

Well, I found out that there is a plugin that does something pretty awesome, though
not very precise, but better then nothing, called VueSynch.p, which actually works!

Took a bit to get used to and figure out, and my results were nothing like what I was
reading in the forum threads on the subject, but now that I know what to do, I'll write
up a basic tutorial for all the LW'ers out there tomorrow.
(well, later today, since it's now just about 4am in the morning)

The scaling I used that worked best, was 100% when coming back into Vue.

Anyway, now that I have things figured out, I'm going to render away tonight
and go to bed and sometime when I wake up, I'll get that tutorial posted
up for everyone to have a look at and I'll explain everything I did to get this to work.
Sound good? :)

I just want to say, that I'm a VERY happy camper right now!
Yeah!

See ya all when I wake up...................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........md :)

P.S. I couldn't find any of this info in the Help File from Vue's Menu.

CGTalk Moderation
08-03-2005, 11:58 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.