PDA

View Full Version : LW [8] for sale

fig
08-02-2005, 03:51 PM
I'm getting rid of my LightWave license, I'm planning to put it on eBay but thought i'd post it up here first.

This is the full version of LW 6.5 for PC and the upgrade to LW 8.0 (which is dual-platform) with USB dongle, all manuals/cd's/etc. included. The upgrade is technically an educational version (as someone on eBay lied about what they were selling me) but is fully transferrable and upgradeable, I might throw in a book or two as well. If anyone is interested drop me a line at cfigat at yahoo dot com with an offer, if I don't hear anything it'll go up for sale on eBay tomorrow or Thursday.

chris

MattClary
08-02-2005, 04:28 PM
The upgrade is technically an educational version (as someone on eBay lied about what they were selling me) but is fully transferrable and upgradeable

Sorry, man, you can't sell an educational license.

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=453

Educational licenses of NewTek products are not transferrable unless they are first converted to commercial licenses. Customer Services can provide information and pricing on such conversions. Lab packs, or parts of lab packs, owned by educational institutions may NOT be upgraded to a commercial license or transferred.

fig
08-02-2005, 05:34 PM
Really? wow, i totally did not know that. now i'm really pissed off at the guy who sold me what he said was a full upgrade :)

Ah well, thanks for the info. If anyone is interested in a full copy of LW 6.5 that you can upgrade let me know.

chris

Karmacop
08-03-2005, 05:37 AM
You should contact newtek about the educational upgrade because they may be able to find out who it belongs to and you could possibly recoup some money (as they broke the contract).

wwade
08-03-2005, 06:07 AM
thought once you update an ED version it is now a Comercial version. ?

Jimzip
08-03-2005, 07:23 AM
thought once you update an ED version it is now a Comercial version. ?

I think you're right, but further investigation should probably be done to avoid any legal discrepancies.

Jimzip :D

fig
08-03-2005, 02:09 PM
Thanks, I talked to NT when i registered the copy and that's when i actually found out it was an EDU version, they couldn't help much more than that. Ah well. And I think the EDU would be commercial once upgraded, the problem is that my original version is commercial and the upgrade i bought is EDU.

If anyone is interested in a cheap copy of 6.5 you can upgrade drop me a line.

chris

Nu Visual Science
08-03-2005, 02:35 PM
An educational version becomes a full version 2 years after you update it apparently ?

CGTalk Moderation
08-03-2005, 02:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.