PDA

View Full Version : LW for a bad price!

Howzat
10-30-2002, 12:46 AM
I was searching for lightwave in Australia using google and I found this website (http://www.videoguys.com.au/vg2002/software/animation_software.htm)
talk about a ripoff! Surely they shouldn't be allowed to do that... That is a 200 percent increase on what it should cost. And I didn't know you could even buy inspire, do newtek even support that any more??
I sent them an e-mail a week ago inquiring about their prices but I didn't get a reply...

ub52
10-30-2002, 02:57 AM
Did you take into account the exchange rate. Currently $1.00US is approx. $1.80 AU. If their web site price is based on the price before the latest reduction then the price they have there would be pretty close. I'm not sure what sales taxes are in Australia.

- ub52

Howzat
10-30-2002, 04:52 AM
yeah, i recently got my copy for just over A$2500 ordered from the US... surely if they bought the stock before the price drop then they get refunded the difference.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.