PDA

View Full Version : Aniamted Blend Loops

escooler
08-02-2005, 01:51 AM
This is quite a complex question; with a even complexer answer I am sure.

Ok, I have long understood how to use blend shapes, set them up with sliders ect and it occurred to me the other day… Is this possible with animation?

For example, I have a character that’s walking then brakes out into a run…I have set up a nice walk cycle. I would usually hand animate this, my character then breaks out into a run. Again I would hand animated to transfer and every step. Say might character had to do this a few times the hand animation process would become repetitive, and a waste of time. So is it possible to set up more than one model that’s animated and kind off reference to a single model, then control the degrees of animation applied from each one though sliders or something. So to break out from a run to a sprint I would move the slider for sprint up while brining the slider for walk down (and the transfer between the two would be calculated and look seamless). I hope you even understand what I am getting at?

So any Ideas?

john_homer
08-02-2005, 05:04 AM
I think you just want to use the trax editor....
have a look at that in the docs.

.j

sauzer
08-02-2005, 11:03 PM
yes I agree with John. the Trax Editor is made for non linear animation and the blending of animation loops.
Maya help covers it very well.

escooler
08-05-2005, 04:26 PM
ok, i have been trying to get to grip with the trax editor for days now. And i have now officaly failed. i been to website and gone though the help file about a million times. Could some one help me out;

I have 2 maya scence files both containing the same model with the same bone studtuer animated in diffrent ways. One is a walk one is a run. How do i merge these to together so i create a walk that looks a few times then blends into the run i have created. All in once scence?

CGTalk Moderation
08-05-2005, 04:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.