PDA

View Full Version : 30"+ monitor question ???? Plasma???

nomad2323
08-02-2005, 01:38 AM
Hey Everyone,

I'm designing a new system. I want to intergrate all my media/entertainment into one/two devices. It'll probably be a custom built PC and an Xbox 360. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew of a very large monitor in the 30" an up range that would be able to handle maya/ zbrush/ hd video editing. I haven't been able to find a very informative source and most articles I find are conflicting in regards to resolution and capability. I want to use one monitor for cable television, movies, games, applications (PS,Painter,AfterFX,Maya,Zbrush, etc.), Just have everything intergrated into one media/entertainment beast. I hope I'm clear and any recommendations on products, articles, or anything related would be appreciated.

PS. I'm already aware that the 30" Apple Cinema display can be used with a pc now. I'm considering this so I'm not really looking for more info on that.

Thanks

nomad2323
08-03-2005, 09:39 AM
no one knows of a large plasma screen monitor that can handle a pc?

BillB
08-03-2005, 10:17 AM
A lot of them can, but not at a great res. What res do you want it to run at? Also, most plasmas are 42" plus, not too practical. And LCD's that big outside apple are designed for TV and usually 1280 x 720 at most, the 720 vertical part being a killer pain in the butt to work on. You might wanna think about dual screens, with maybe a Dell 2405 to work on, for interface etc, and second output to a nice big 42" plasma for games and entertainment.

Pavlovich
08-03-2005, 01:45 PM
i don't know when or how or where or why or if this is even a viable option, but here's this:

http://www.brightsidetech.com/products/dr37p.php

from this thread:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=264322

CGTalk Moderation
08-03-2005, 01:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.