PDA

View Full Version : Softimage to Support AGEIA physX Technology

LW3D
08-01-2005, 08:37 PM
Upcoming version of SOFTIMAGE|XSI 3-D modeling and animation software to support
hardware accelerated physics with AGEIA physX processor and AGEIA physX SDK..

more information click here. (http://ageia.vnewscenter.com/press.jsp?id=1120108410825)

Koogle
08-01-2005, 08:56 PM
Its a good move for Softimage|XSI, only the hardware isn't avaliable yet. I hope Alias is working on something to take advantage of this new technology yeh? the more support for it the better really imo :)

dotTom
08-02-2005, 07:21 AM
Oh I'm sure there is prototype hardware for ISV partners like Softimage. Supporting technology like this is pretty simple in any component based (small 'c') architecture so for Alias or anyone else to decide to support it is really just a matter of development priorities rather than any inherent architectural difference.

ThomasMahler
08-02-2005, 08:08 AM
Think about how much fun it could be to play around with a built-in hardware powered physics engine... Man, I'd model a Lego-Topia and play god all day long! ;)

CGTalk Moderation
08-02-2005, 08:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.