PDA

View Full Version : WIP fair;y low poly plane

SHEPEIRO
08-01-2005, 05:16 PM
this ere is a plane .
look at it then tell me what you think.
its got alot of 1024X1024 textures, cant be bothered to list them but it comes in at just under ten megs!

erm probably need to reduce this but dont want to lose thedetail.

want to make inside of copit better too any suggestions.

poly count is 12000!

SHEPEIRO
08-01-2005, 05:19 PM
sorry about in copit view just looked at it again and its damn dark, will get better image asap any way it looks sparse, but perhaps a pilot might fill the space.

SHEPEIRO
08-02-2005, 02:49 PM
not personnally please

SHEPEIRO
08-03-2005, 10:23 AM
what no crits, it aint that good?

Cyph3rs
08-03-2005, 10:32 AM
ok ok, i got one, i dont like the textures u have used, it makes the plane look umm "edgy" if u know what i mean, it doesnt look as smooth as it cud be...i dunno it makes no sense but thats what i think lol

Saramago
08-03-2005, 10:32 AM
12000! Hardly low poly. With that many polys you should really have more detail rather than mesh smoothing. Also for 1024 texture you should be getting much better detail definition. They seem a bit blurry. Try using some harder brushes.

What is it for?

SHEPEIRO
08-03-2005, 10:45 AM
ok cheers for the crits. getting confused though you both say opposite general things about the textures.

there is alot of definition on the textures but i need to get some detail shots posted to show this off.

where do texs look too harsh?

the poly count is so high because of the fully working copit, it has fully modelled instruments switches etc for in copit views., without the detailed copit its about the 5000 mark. also all control surfaces are fully modelled, so they can move

its designed as a player vehicles so detail in virtual copit is needed, see flightsim virtual copits.

i think i need to get some new shots of tex detail, instrumnt panel etc.

its a bit of lie saying low poly, but i was thinking of next gen console mark. i.e not normal mapping model or for film.

CGTalk Moderation
08-03-2005, 10:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.