PDA

View Full Version : Any more info on VUE Fusion?

Mahlon
08-01-2005, 04:08 PM
Any info?

Mahlon

mwalter1
08-03-2005, 07:26 PM
All I can say is WOW! Start saving now. It basically imports your Vue scene with eco systems and renders the Vue parts with the Vue render and the Maya/3DS parts with the their render. Looked like a seamless operation. The Cinema 4D version will be ready "by the end of the year". That's what I am waiting for.

Mahlon
08-03-2005, 09:47 PM
All I can say is WOW! Start saving now. It basically imports your Vue scene with eco systems and renders the Vue parts with the Vue render and the Maya/3DS parts with the their render. Looked like a seamless operation. The Cinema 4D version will be ready "by the end of the year". That's what I am waiting for.

That's what I was hoping, that it would render the vue portions with their renderer. What about navigation in viewports? Are the objects actually imported into the scene? Or are they referenced in some way?

Thanks,
Mahlon

at_626
08-03-2005, 10:44 PM
how does Vue Fusion work? is a plugin of Vue5I or what???:shrug:

thanks

ggriffaw
08-04-2005, 04:30 PM
Does the resulting image look like it was all done in the same package? I'm a little concerned that the Vue rendered parts will have a different look than the parts from the other 3d app.

mwalter1
08-04-2005, 11:01 PM
It looked like the whole scene was imported into Maya. You could edit the Vue parts (using Vue's interface). Everything looked seamless to me. Impressed I was!

agiel
08-06-2005, 02:44 AM
From what I have seen at Siggraph (they ended each demo with a preview of Vue Fusion and 3DS Max), it looks like Vue Fusion acts as a Vue Plugin inside the host application.

Practically, it opens up the Vue dialogs and capabilities (preview of ecosystems for example) to the host application. If you want to edit a material from the Vue scene, the Vue material editor will open up - not the material editor from Max.

The rendering engine from the host application communicates with Vue to retrieve shading and lighting infirmation. The result is a Max render of a Vue scene.

It is pretty cool to see the result - for example, a car rendered in Max surrounded by a Vue ecosystem and atmosphere.

richcz3
08-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Complete Info on Fusion >>LINK (http://e-onsoftware.com/Press/PR.php?date=July%2022,%202005)<<

Max and Maya first. Lightwave and C4D support to follow.

Mr-BlueSummers
08-06-2005, 10:12 PM
How about Vue5 Atmospherics and cloud systems? I'm sick of playing around with "Fog" in 3d studio max to get the environments I want.

richcz3
08-06-2005, 11:12 PM
How about Vue5 Atmospherics and cloud systems? I'm sick of playing around with "Fog" in 3d studio max to get the environments I want.
Unfortunately Vue does not offer a Volumetric Cloud system. It has volumetric surfaces which you can try to work into cloud forms, but it's more an experimental process.
Here's an experiment along those lines. See LINK (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=246152)

CGTalk Moderation
08-06-2005, 11:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.