PDA

View Full Version : Sniper WIP CRIT

goodson_cd
02-21-2002, 07:36 AM
I used the Shag demo for this so I am not real good at shag nor can you save so it takes for ever to get what you are looking for.

I will keep at it, please give me your thoughts. I have some more bump map work to do for the face and scope.

http://www.code3dgraphics.com/ghillie3.jpg

prethnx

leigh
02-21-2002, 04:57 PM
Hey that's not a bad start...
It doesn't look very real, but maybe that isn't what you are going for, or it isn't finished yet. His expression is pretty good - maybe you should have his left eye slightly closed - you know how people do that if they are looking through a scope?
I like the detail of the green light showing on his face - cool touch.
The green above his face looks a bit strange - the line is too straight, and there is just something about it that doesn't look quite right. Is it supposed to be his helmet or what?
Otherwise, nice work.

null
02-21-2002, 08:55 PM
the ghillie suit isn't very believable. right now it looks like a mound of grass, which would give him away in a heartbeat

BASSit
02-21-2002, 10:46 PM
Hey ! This threat is entitled with "Sniper WIP" . . . show us the weapon !!

And maybe some other views of the character . . .

Not much to say yet.

goodson_cd
02-21-2002, 11:26 PM
well, it is a WIP and I am still working on it. I shoot with both eyes open and know a lot of other guys who do it also. If you are right eye dominant and are shooting a right handed weapon it is easy to get used to.

The Ghillie is just a test, I may just model it instead of using shag hair. I have a ghillie left over from the Corps and I thought shag would be the best way of doing it.

This is all there is to the comp. face, hood, scope and stock. I am doing this for a still. I may finish the whole thing someday but I doubt it.

thanx for the input, I will post an update.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.