PDA

View Full Version : Frame Forge 3d

brant
08-01-2005, 02:33 PM
http://www.frameforge3d.com/

I tried this demo in OSX and it seems great. Anyone using this, I am thinking about buying it.

BMS
08-05-2005, 06:49 AM
They even have a downloadable program that allows you to convert your obj files into Frameforge format. So you can even import your own 3D models.

I've had it for a while, its a really good program.

Cheers
Paul

brant
08-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the input. Are you on a PC or MAC?

BMS
08-05-2005, 11:14 PM
I'm a PC man, but that shouldn't make any difference. If you want to do storyboarding for Animations etc its still very good. However if you plan on actually filming footage, it really comes into its own. By working to scale you will soon work out what shots will and wont work due to focal length or set size. So when you go to film, there is no guess work with setting up cameras, actors etc.

What do you plan on using it for?

Cheers
Paul

brant
08-06-2005, 02:39 AM
I work as a production manager for a large broadcast company but what to make my own films on the side. A co-worker and I were going to enter the 2-min chase challenge CGTALK had a month ago, but we got busy at work. I hand drew the entire project(very rough) I shoot and edit my friend does the 3D work. It is to be real footage of a car being chased by a CG helicopter. I can draw but it is faster and easier to get my point accros with FrameForge. The only thing is the OSx version does not have an easy importer yet. Also they said version 2 was comming soon and if I bought now I would still have to pay for the upgrade so I think I will wait and buy version 2. I think it is a great program

BMS
08-06-2005, 03:00 AM
Bummer about the import on OSx. I like Frameforge because it goes beyond just visualisation. I know it happens to all of us, we story board something, go to film it only to realise there is a wall in the way and the camera can't go back far enough.

Good luck with the project :)

Cheers
Paul

FrameForge Guy
10-03-2005, 06:24 AM
Thanks for all the kind words about FrameForge, it's always nice to hear from users in the field.

I'm the lead designer and president of Innoventive Software, makers of FrameForge 3D Studio, and I just thought you should know that as of September 1st, 2005 anyone who buys Version 1 prior to the release of Version 2 will get a FREE downloadable upgrade to Version 2 (when it ships), while at the same time saving $50 over the price increase that will go into effect with Version 2.

Version 2 (both Mac & Windows) will have host of new features (http://www.frameforge3d.com/v2-features.php) include optically correct depth of field (not parallax simulated) and native VRML object support with support for a text syntax for part naming, hinge defining and more.

BMS
10-03-2005, 10:34 AM
Version 2 Looks really good . . . Can't wait to use it.

Cheers
Paul

CGTalk Moderation
10-03-2005, 10:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.