PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] Car engine blueprint?

BJcorp
08-01-2005, 09:51 AM
HI all. I searched all over. but i couldn't find that. Only a few text. not a picture.
Help plz.:bounce:

Jonj1611
08-01-2005, 11:11 AM
What engine?

Petrol, diesel, specific make or type etc

Jon

BJcorp
08-02-2005, 04:41 AM
any engine uses petrol.

cschandramouli
08-03-2005, 04:13 AM
A two-stroke engine would be fine??? (I remember making a drawing of it myself in my second year of mech. engg. not sure where it is now, now that i've completed the course) I'll dig in my morgue for a pic and scan it if you want...

BJcorp
08-04-2005, 04:43 AM
Thanks cschandramouli. It would be great. Because i have no idea about car engine.

Augh
08-04-2005, 09:32 PM
Please don't take this as a dig man, but if you don't know that there are technical differences between 2 and 4 stroke engines, and assume all engines run off Petrol fuel, that is the majority of your problem modeling an engine right there. It takes very little time to get familiar with the basics of your choice of engine configuration, and your model will look and behave infinitely better for it. I'm not suggesting that anyone who wants to model a car has to take an advanced mechanics training, but research and observation are certainly the key to modeling a real life object skillfully.

I thought everyone did this whenever they model anything? ;)

Jonj1611
08-04-2005, 09:43 PM
Here is an engine, it would be better in future though to research what you want :-

http://www.mondellotwister.com/engine_assembly.gif

Jon

cschandramouli
08-06-2005, 06:04 PM
Hey BJCorp!

I'm still trying to find that book. It's been a year and I can't find it now. I wanna ask something... You looking for a detailed model? like the one jon posted? Coz u cannot model perfectly with the picture that jon provided you. If you are just looking for a very simple representation of engine assembly... check this link out

http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/airplane/engopt.html

Mouli

CGTalk Moderation
08-06-2005, 06:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.