PDA

View Full Version : e-on Rules!

mdunakin
08-01-2005, 03:12 AM
I went to use Vue right now, and it told me there was an update, all on it's own!
I let it download and then let it install and when it was done, it reopened Vue for me.

This was too cool, and they fixed several things that I'm aching to check out and see how they handle now?

thanx a zillion e-on!...........................md :)

dueyftw
08-01-2005, 11:05 PM
I just lost 6 hours of work because it crashed. Paging fault, I havenít seen this error since Windows 95. Iím not a very happy.

Dale

mdunakin
08-02-2005, 06:28 AM
No offense, but WHY are you NOT SAVING your scenes at least AFTER every
major thing you do in your scene, or at the very least, every half hour or so?
And saving as different stages also, so you can always go
back to any earlier version any time you feel like it?
And even when it crashes, if you had at least done a recent save, it would
of tried to reload your last saved scene or auto-saved scene for you.

I can't even imagine working on a scene for 6 whole hours without
saving several times and several versions along the way.
That's my standard in ANY program, not just Vue, or LW, or PS or any others.

Did this happen because of the auto-update, or something else?
If it was from the auto-update, then it DOES ask you first,
before you install if you want to install now or later?

sorry......................md

dueyftw
08-02-2005, 03:47 PM
Ya I know I should. And I do when I do a large render. All I was doing was tweaking a camera pan shot. Five hours to get it just right. No program should crash while adjusting the camera. The scene only takes ten minutes to set up, it should be shorter but I have five Poser characters to position. You canít cut and past the information you have to type it in. A real pain.

Now that I have installed the latest build the rendering farm in not working at all. Before it was 50% of them time, now itís 100% that HyperVue crashes.

I really need this program to work. I have projects that I would like to get done.

E-on is currently blaming everything on the operating system. Iím running XP home and Pro and Iím getting error codes smell like memory leaks. This only happens when the person who programming doesnít know what they are doing.

Dale

mdunakin
08-02-2005, 04:53 PM
Ohhh,,, sorry to hear that.

Yeah, I know there must be some sort of memory leak, and I hope they fix it?
Cuz it tells me I am low on memory, and I look and see that I still have
practically 2 thirds or more of my memory available!
So I do know how you feel.

Wished I could tell ya something taht would help, but I just don't have any ideas?

................md :)

swampthing
08-03-2005, 09:58 PM
E-on is currently blaming everything on the operating system. Iím running XP home and Pro and Iím getting error codes smell like memory leaks. This only happens when the person who programming doesnít know what they are doing.

They've been blaming their crashes on about everything BUT their program since day one. Not going to change any time soon i'm guessing. Their program is fine stability wise, it must be your operating system, the pirated copy you have, a bad crack, your memory is bad, you need to defrag your hard drive, the moon was in the wrong phase, global warming did it, etc.

Save every 5 mins, or you'll regret it.

mdunakin
08-03-2005, 10:23 PM
Save every 5 mins, or you'll regret it.
And incremented versions periodically as well.
Cuz saving to the same name file, can be just as bad, if that one file some how gets corrupted.
Which,, Ummm,, I've had happen to me on many occasions,, with other programs.
So, if it can happen to other programs, I'm sure Vue would be no different.

....................md :)

CGTalk Moderation
08-03-2005, 10:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.