PDA

View Full Version : Buildin a new pc, help!

Arenyth
08-01-2005, 02:54 AM
Alright, school is starting soon, and I want to get myself a new setup, since mine is about 2 years old and not at all capable of the programs.
So, in short, I'm a 3d animator, and I need a computer to run Maya, Painter, and the like. I've found a good deal on the GeForce 6800 GT on tigerdirect, but it expires at midnite and I want to make sure I'm getting everything else right. Reading through these forums, I see a lo of letters and numbers, and when it gets down to the wire, I find I can't read anymore. Please help me! I bought a gig of ram already, although by the looks of it I'll need more. Don't just feed me the best on the market, try to keep it under a thou, ok?

Thank you!!!

SweetDreamz
08-01-2005, 03:37 AM
What exactly do you need? And that video card is fine.

Arenyth
08-01-2005, 04:32 AM
Well I need basically everything. I thought I found a good motherboard/cpu combo, but I not absolutely nothing about them, those numbers are Greek to me. So I'll need that, a decent size hdd, a soundcard is the least of my worries, just basically the dream machine for a 3d student with a budget. Or maybe just an explanation of what to look for in the components, since I don't know what anything means.

CGTalk Moderation
08-01-2005, 04:32 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.