PDA

View Full Version : Something's wrong with lightwave!

IronMagma
08-01-2005, 01:10 AM
Hi. I have a problem with lightwave. Whenever I save a 3d scene (lws), the textures for each object are reverted to their beginning state. Why is this happening and how can I fix it???

Mike RB
08-01-2005, 01:21 AM
read the manual, seriously. It has to do with the difference between .lwo and .lws, can you guess where the material settings are saved?

Mike

IronMagma
08-01-2005, 01:31 AM
Unfortunately, I have the manual, but there is some kind of error that makes all the pages go blank. How do I save the material settings for each object? In Modeler?

c-g
08-01-2005, 01:34 AM
Unfortunately, I have the manual, but there is some kind of error that makes all the pages go blank. How do I save the material settings for each object? In Modeler?

Maybe the error is getting your objects. What version of LW are you using?

IronMagma
08-01-2005, 01:35 AM
Lightwave 7.0

c-g
08-01-2005, 03:18 AM
7.0 came with a paper manual...it was like a phonebook.

otacon
08-01-2005, 04:11 AM
You have to either save the object in modeler, or in layout hit save all objects. Surfaces are saved with the objects, not the scene file.

sandrum
08-01-2005, 04:33 AM
Alternatively, if you change the surfaces in Layout, you can select "save all objects" from the file menu to save the changes you made to the model back to the lwo file itself. This doesn't save the scene of course, but it will save all of the objects in the scene.

cresshead
08-01-2005, 04:37 AM
sounds like iron either has a stolen version of lightwave7.0....and why is he not use 7.5 may i ask!...............or he may have a problem with adobe acrobat pdf reader being an old version so cannot read the pdf docs......he might have bought lw off of ebay and not got all the things he should have so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt here...but still point him toward the free upgrade to 7.5 as it's VERY worth while!

Zarathustra
08-01-2005, 06:28 AM
Yeah, there's something wrong with LW. That must be it.

You've had LW7 for almost a year now. It's not hard. There's lots of info on NT's site, and Acrobat Reader is a free download so you can read your manual.

Maxx
08-01-2005, 10:29 AM
I remember there was a problem with the 7.0 CD installer that would corrupt the pdf during the Install Wizard installation process. Happened to me - most recent Acrobat (at the time, etc.) and I seem to remember posts online from other users with similar issues. Solution was to browse the CD and drag and drop the .pdf manual onto your hard drive. Or you could crack open the handy-dandy paper manual that came with 7.0, assuming you didn't buy it second hand. Either way, please read the manual.

CGTalk Moderation
08-01-2005, 10:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.