PDA

View Full Version : Anyone knoe anything about Tyan Tiger MP motherboards?

TheAlienGus
08-01-2005, 12:43 AM
Perhaps this isn't the best thing to do, or the correct place to ask, but any assistance would be terrific. Can not seem to fix it myself . . . temperarily can not afford for someone else to fix it, so, help?

I recently bought a Tiger MP motherboard made by Tyan. Yes i'm aware it's a bit old. I bought this because i wanted decent dual processors fast. My other PC took a "Yeah", that.
Ok, so i have a GIG of RAM on this thing, 2100 - one 512 and two 256's. A new hard drive - 80 gigs. So i'm loading XP on this thing and i keep getting random reboots in the middle of the instillation, or i keep getting a hardware or software instillation error, disable caching or rom shadowing in the bios, Page_Fault_In_NONpaged_Area. I've never done this before, so anyone think flashing the bios would fix the problems i seem to be getting? Ah and also, the ram is ok, double checked and used it in a machine at work. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance.

CGTalk Moderation
08-01-2005, 12:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.