PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave/Vue5 Infinite Integration

grafikdon
07-31-2005, 01:42 PM
Does anyone have some experience with Lightave/Vue integration? Wanna share?

There's an upcoming project that involves MIG-17s flying through vast vegetations and dropping bombs. I haven't had good results(talking about speed) pulling that off in Lightwave (had to find some way to get around it but it slows you down on the long run).

I am thinking of creating the vegetation with some building with Vue and them compositing the MIG-17 and explosions created in Lightwave...sort of camera matching.

From the little I know of Vue, you cannot export the Ecosystem http://vbulletin.newtek.com/images/smilies/frown.gif . Unfortunately, there will be lots and lots of trees and hills and mountains on this project. If this cannot be pulled of with the LW/Vue integration, what do you guys think about this method: Creating the environment in Lightwave and using tree clip maps.

I have seen a lot of those LW clip map CDs but has anyone actually tried them? They said you could fly the camera thru and no one would be the wiser.

CGTalk Moderation
07-31-2005, 01:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.