PDA

View Full Version : cornucopia3d

Mike.H
07-31-2005, 11:35 AM
the e.on/vue store finaly opened today, so if you´ve purchased vue5 (esprit or infinite) and feel like spending your voucher head on over and purchase a couple of new plants (i especialy like the two pine tree plants, high quality and they render realy nice, great for closeups)

Not that much content yet tho but it will continue to grow of course and remember to update vue to the latest update since the new plant species require that.

http://www.cornucopia3d.com/ (http://www.cornucopia3d.com/forum/index.php)

Jonj1611
07-31-2005, 11:06 PM
Well, I received my email about it and it look great, materials and things to buy excellent, but wait, what is this. Oh yeah. Vue 5 Only.

I have Vue D'espirit 4, I was sorely dissapointed it was Vue 5 only. Oh well, a lost customer there, hopefully they will include some Vue 4 stuff.

Jon

Wabe
08-01-2005, 07:52 AM
I am sure they will have some Vue 4 stuff there as well. At the moment you only see the beginning of the store there, related of course to the newest version(s) of the program. But again, there is a lot Vue 4 stuff out and i am sure we will see it appear at Cornucopia3D too.

czarnyrobert
08-01-2005, 10:51 AM
You are right that some owners of old Vue 4 may feel disappointed about lack of stuff for older versions of Vue, but you must understand that there were major changes between Vue 4 and 5 - especially in materials. Vue 5 offers much more advanced materials thanks to new function engine. I think, it would be too expensive to prepare 2 versions of products, and Vue 4 versions of objects coudn't be as good as actual (Vue 5) ones. I suggest to all Vue 4 users to spent a couple of bucks for upgrade (upgrade from Vue 4 to Vue 5 costs just about 100$) Thanks to this upgrade you get amazing new features like radiosity lighting, metablobs, 3D text editor, extremely advanced material effects and a 50$ voucher for cornucopia ! Considering this, you really spent just ca. 50$ for the upgrade. It is really worth the price ! Objects sold on Cornucopia make extensive use of new Vue 5 function engine - thanks to this you get very realistic looking materials.

Jonj1611
08-01-2005, 11:17 AM
Hi,

Yes, I see your point, personally though I would upgrade from Vue 4 d'espirit to Vue 5 espirit, if I was going to do it I would get Vue 5 Infinite which costs a lot more.

Well, it is not my site but I would definately consider stocking Vue 4 stuff as well, not everybody can afford Vue 5 and for a lot of people $100 IS a lot of money.

Thanks
Jon

ChristieK
08-04-2005, 06:04 PM
The store is going to have brokered content as well, which is created by 3rd parties, so you may find that some of that content will be Vue 4-friendly. And you can always post your "wishlist" over in the Store forums.

Jonj1611
08-04-2005, 10:41 PM
Hi,

Well, that sounds like a step forward, though I believe the creators of the site have misjudged the amount of users still using Vue 4.

Yeah, sure it is hard work adding Vue 4 content, but that probably wouldn't compare to the amount of money you could be losing.

When I first saw the site I thought it was for Vue 4/5, there was loads of stuff I was going to buy, only until I looked closer I realised it was Vue 5 only.

Well, a sale missed out on there, I wonder how many others are in my situation?

Lets just hope Vue 4 stuff gets added soon.

Thanks
Jon

CGTalk Moderation
08-04-2005, 10:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.