PDA

View Full Version : Aligning points along an off axis

chaostest
07-31-2005, 04:09 AM
im trying to make wings for this pixie girl and the wing are off by so little,im in wireframe from the left and i can see the few points that are off,i need to realign so i can use symmetry,everyelse on the model symetry works but the wings,i am not sure but saving and closing LW maybe a gliche in LW when using symetry on little limbs or.......i thought symetry was not supposed to work at all if point are off,but symetry works throughout the rest off the model, if i knew how i would put up the model to show................thanks in advance for any advice...CGtalk is the $#!^...

blaqDeaph
07-31-2005, 11:16 AM
can you post a pic of what you're trying to do? If you want to line up some points, you can try "Set Value" command by pressing [v]. This sets the value a particular coordinate of the selected points.

coffeefery
07-31-2005, 03:41 PM
Hi chaostest, I would recommend FIsSymmetrizer for aligning points that are off. Most of the times, just select ones side of the points and then the other side, and you can ask FIsSymmetrizer to align them for you automatically. Sometimes, I would just select every point on the model and use that plugin, and in most cases, it does everything without any problems at all. The link can be found here:

http://f23.aaa.livedoor.jp/~fisjunk/plugin/plugin.php?platform=1&code=3&type=Modeler&version=7

chaostest
08-01-2005, 11:45 AM
blaqdeaph ,To tell you the truth i dont know how to put the pic up.the only way i know is take a digital pic.upload and put it up that way.im going to try set value i think i remember seeing that somewhere........ ill look into the symmetryzer someone put up a link to other aftermarket tools, also ,but im still new to LW so and i can barely hang with the tools now, i dont know if i could work new ones thanks for the replys guys

CGTalk Moderation
08-01-2005, 11:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.