PDA

View Full Version : What next?

shiftyuk
07-30-2005, 06:33 PM
Right here's a painting im working on:

http://www.ryanarts.co.uk/Untitled-505233.jpg

As you can see its far from finished, but this is what happens with most of my paintings, i get to this point and dont know what to do next, i dont know how to go about finishing it, i use my Wacom and Photoshop, but dont know how to get the little details in, and dont know how to make the painting look complete.

I need some advice!

Loulu79
07-30-2005, 06:43 PM
shifty_uk:wise: What's ur mood for this piece? What's the story you want to portray? Are you in any mood to work on it? Is it going to be a natural landscape, fantasy or an Armageddon?
What message do you want to put in this piece?

I as the viewer can only give you suggestions that you may or may not take in. You as the artist decide what it'll look like in the end. You're the master.

I hope what I said above will push you to work on this. It's up to you. ;)

SpliffmanCometh
07-30-2005, 06:55 PM
Kinda reminds me of a scene from half-life 2.

It's a solid foundation for what could be an awasome painting. But like Loulu said it's all about the mood your trying to set. Think about color theory too. In my opinion, I think your piece might look stronger with a monochromatic scheme.

hope that helps in some way =)

Erikoinen
07-30-2005, 07:01 PM
Make the light source clearer - at least to your head - so you can start highlighting/shadowing/generally shading the whole thing.

Think the details to teh flying machine. Then draw them! Biggest planes and all biggest parts of it first, then if it needs, do smaller details. Think about the lightsource! Where's the most lightened spot? Where's the darkest? What colors is it reflecting from the sky and ground and the lightsource? What material is it? Who's in charge of the ship? Do you wanna cup of coffee?

And do the same for the ground, sky, buildings, and things like that. You should work, tho, the whole image as one, not like the flying thing as one, the building as one, sky as one, etc. If you do them in pieces you will find that they might not fit together, so try working it as a whole.

Hope this helps some, cheers! :)

CGTalk Moderation
07-30-2005, 07:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.