PDA

View Full Version : FXWars! BIG Freeze! Ciprian, frozen enviorment

multi
07-30-2005, 03:58 PM
I dont have a scanner so I will just explain my idea.

1. The scene will start with a live shot of a parking lot
2. The ground begins to shake and the pavement starts to crack
3. Large ice piece breaks through the pavement
4. Camera looks into the sky and in view two ice chunks are falling to the ground
5. Ice chunks hit the ground and explode on impact.

This is what I have so far:

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Movie3925

multi
07-31-2005, 07:49 PM
Any comments or critiques?

Anyways does anyone know a good tutorial on camera tracking I am having problems with it.

Thanks

alex.dass
07-31-2005, 07:54 PM
I dont no any good camera tracking tutorials, sorry, but the animation is good, i like all the little details, the only things would change are, the speed of some of the particles, at time they apear to slow, also one of the rocks falls through the floor at the back:)

NickJushchyshyn
08-01-2005, 01:48 PM
Any comments or critiques?

Anyways does anyone know a good tutorial on camera tracking I am having problems with it.

ThanksWhat tracking and CG packages are you using? (easier to point to any relavent tutorials) :)

multi
08-01-2005, 05:47 PM
I'm using 3d max 6 and I guess the tracking that comes with the program.

mustan9
08-01-2005, 06:04 PM
That doesn't look right to me.

The ice block rotates after it has broken up threw the ground. I don't think it should do that, because your describing water under the surface that suddenly freezes and brakes up threw the ground.

It could be a "spike" of ice that slides up threw the ground braking the surface, and starting a large crack or something.

NickJushchyshyn
08-01-2005, 07:10 PM
I'm using 3d max 6 and I guess the tracking that comes with the program.Mmmm. Sorry, can't help you there. Primarily a Matchmover Pro user myself.
For your story, though, maybe you could just camera map a still image of the parking lot and comp the CG over that with an animated camera in Max without tracking?

mustan9
08-01-2005, 07:28 PM

I've used the camera match, and tracking feature in Max. It's actually a nice program, but you will need to know at least three dimensions in your photograph to get it to work correctly.

What problems are you having?

It's easier if you use a digital camera, take a photograph of the parking lot, and have two images. One with a cube box that you know the size of, and another without the cube box. Take the two images without moving the camera.

multi
08-01-2005, 07:38 PM
Yeah your right about the block sliding backwards I'll have to change that. I guess I thought it would be boring for it to just stop suddenly.

I found a tutorial on video tracking here http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorial/Camera-Matching-and-Video-Tracking/3744. I'll try to follow it. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

multi
08-11-2005, 04:55 PM
Here is an update of the falling ice chunks. video has sound too :)

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=fallingice

Gravedigger
08-11-2005, 08:59 PM
hello

i like this update!
without the environement the color of the ice looks a bit strange but that can be changed later. the camera moving is interesting too, because we really feel how this chunks hit the earth with speed and mass.

waiting for the next things :)

alex.dass
08-12-2005, 10:43 PM
The animation look's great, keep up the good work:)

lv-88
08-14-2005, 09:21 PM
yeah, looks great! nice "explosion" pieces, looks nice and detailed that way, camera movement isn't bad either ;)

multi
08-20-2005, 12:44 AM
Here is another update. I kind of changed directions with what I am planning to do. I am adding a scene where the ice chunks are falling down on a road and hitting a car. I have most of the car animated, now I have to add the ice chunks.

Here is what I have so far,

http://media.putfile.com/craflipsound2

make sure you play it on the original size since its low resolution.

Silverwing
08-22-2005, 03:47 PM
Nice preview!

But isnīt it a little bit unrealistic if the car flipps around and
lands on itīs weels again?

I would change that!

But the idea and most of the animation is good.. keep it up!

CGTalk Moderation
08-22-2005, 03:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.