PDA

View Full Version : Blend Shape Issue

scropo
07-29-2005, 09:50 PM
I am working on my character's facial blend shapes. When I create a facial blend shape such as raising an eyebrow, eye tugging, raising the side of the mouth, etc, the whole jaw moves
slightly up and down. This is extremely frustrating after creating so many
blenshapes(25). Is this a paint weights issue? Any input would be greatly
appreciated.

Steve

Arcon
07-29-2005, 11:50 PM
is it possible your blendshapes are in the wrong deformation order (after the skin)? they should be evaluating before (below) the skinCluster node in the input order.

either that or you made blendshape targets that were different from each other, some with the jaw cloased and some open.

cavetroll
07-30-2005, 11:50 AM
arcon is right.
check your deformation order first. if everything is fine here and you still have some vertices moving you have to figure out all the shapes where this is happening and correct the vertices on the blendShape-targets to match with your original geo (only in the area where the unwanted movement happens).
in fact there is a nice script that helps a bit in this task. it is called symWork.mel - available on highend3d - and it lets you easily match specific selections of vertices with the position of the same vertices on another mesh.
hope that helps.

tom

CGTalk Moderation
07-30-2005, 11:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.