PDA

View Full Version : Shockwave Game

kaiten
07-29-2005, 06:46 PM
Hi

Heres a link to an early version of a game Im currently working on. Its in the very early stages (be gentle LOL). Ive been workin on it for a bit and decided I need to put it "out there" to get other peoples comments/crits. Models are done in Lightwave and the games coded in Director (Shockwave 3D).

http://www.kaiten3d.com/game.html

Cheers

Kaiten

kaiten
07-29-2005, 06:47 PM
p.s Its recomended you have Broadband or you could be waiting a while. Loads up in aprox 1min30 on 1meg BB.

AdamAtomic
07-29-2005, 07:13 PM
Hey not bad! Some responses:

1 - Textures in general were very confusing, I assume they are placeholders? Since you are constantly moving it is hard to get a sense of the level's layout, making certain areas of the level certain colors are having more distinctive shapes would definitely help.

2 - The camera was so low to the ground that it was disconcerting, it felt like being a remote control car or something. If that was the goal then it was successful but it was kind of weird to get used to.

3 - I think you could add either a "speed boost" or a "jump" function to the right mouse button to add some depth to the game.

4 - It was kind of weird to only fire straight ahead, instead of where the mouse was pointing at.

Keep at it!

paintbox
07-29-2005, 07:16 PM
Just played this because I have Director as well, but I hardly use the 3D part (unfortunately)

I like the style graphic wise...

What I would improve :
-Controls (I took me a while to figure out I could only fly if I hit a ramp)
-Sense of purpose (Why on earth would I want to collect balls ? Maybe you could make it more a platformer, with cool bells and whistles and big **100 POINTS** signs, real arcade like)

How did you do the enemies ? It seemed they have AI because they sneaked up on me a few times.

Its good a start I think :) GL

PS It loaded for me in 30 Sec, real quick

kaiten
07-31-2005, 08:27 PM
Hi

thanks for taking the time to have a look. I appreciate it.

Kaiten

CGTalk Moderation
07-31-2005, 08:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.