PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia NV30 trailer (??)

Array
10-29-2002, 06:02 AM
wow, someone at their pr department is getting a bonus:

http://www.nvidia.com/content/areyouready/player_b_wm.html

beaker
10-29-2002, 08:11 AM
"The team that brought you GPU and the Geforce 4"

hehe, guess the pr/marketing department doesn't realize that GPU's were around long before they put one on the Geforce 1. That's kinda like when Gore said he invented the internet.

mlykke
10-30-2002, 10:27 AM
wow.... what a piece of ......

That must be one of the cheesy'est teasers ever. T3 teaser in the same "league".

CGmonkey
10-30-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by beaker

hehe, guess the pr/marketing department doesn't realize that GPU's were around long before they put one on the Geforce 1. That's kinda like when Gore said he invented the internet.

They never mentioned that Geforce 4 and the GPU released on the same time. Why can't the engineers on Nvidia have created the GPU? :)

Goon
10-30-2002, 03:27 PM
Wow. That was a crappy clip.
Though that 1/4 sec. of actual onscreen graphics did look a little interesting.

Luke Werhli
10-30-2002, 04:09 PM
That must be one of the cheesy'est teasers ever.
Hahahaha

EpShot
10-30-2002, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by beaker

well, i didn't actualy watch the trailer(stupid 56k connection.

but, since nvidia picked up all the sgi programmers, they are basicaly the ones who created openGL, an dpossible worked on the first gpu's.. but my hardware history, is certainly sketchy at the least.. but i can see how it is possible

tsuru
10-30-2002, 07:46 PM
While nvidia might not have actually invented the first GPU, I think they were the first to give the acronym "GPU" to the graphics processor... Seems like I remember hearing all the arguments about that back when the GeForce 256 came out. I agree, after obtaining most of the graphics engineers from SGI they definitely have some bragging rights. As long as ATI et al are around to give some competition things will only get better for the consumer.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.