PDA

View Full Version : Deuce is now part of the family!

proton
10-29-2002, 05:43 AM
Today, NewTek is pleased to announce that we've selected a new Beta Coordinator, whose name will be familiar to you ...... Deuce Bennett. (Judge Deuce)

Please welcome him warmly to his new role as Beta Coordinator!

Deuce Rocks!

Glad to have you as part of the team...
:wavey:

DigitalDeuce
10-29-2002, 05:45 AM
Thank you thank you.

Now, should I change my avatar?

:beer:

isnowboard
10-29-2002, 06:15 AM
Congrats.

What's a Beta Cooridinator do? How does that bennefit us regular LW users?

// these posts are still screwy, being posted in weird orders.........

CTRL+X
10-29-2002, 06:18 AM
To what? Beta Deuce?

Similar to that classic flick "Beetle Juice"

yog
10-29-2002, 09:31 AM
Congrats there Deuce :bounce:

BTW
If you want any beta testers that are good at breaking software, then I'm your man:cool:

Labuzz
10-29-2002, 10:28 AM
It's like Motorhead inside Lightwave:airguitar :airguitar

Ok but now first question For the BETAMAN : What are you BETA testing? LW8...We want info PLZZZZZZZZ:wip: :wip:

leigh
10-29-2002, 11:03 AM
Well done Deuce - great stuff! :xtreme:

Bytehawk
10-29-2002, 11:09 AM
go get them Deuce
you need to hunt them down like a real bloodhound
(the bugs that is)

Cheers and congrats
:bounce: :beer:

E_Moelzer
10-29-2002, 11:36 AM
Congratulations Deuce!!!!
CU
Elmar

xtrm3d
10-29-2002, 12:00 PM
bravo , bravo, braaaavvvoooooooo !!!!

DigitalDeuce
10-29-2002, 01:46 PM
What's a Beta Cooridinator do? How does that bennefit us regular LW users?

The beta coordinator manages the beta team, and works between the beta testers and the development team tracking bugs and assigning them levels of severity. He's the "Bug Tracker".

I want to really thank all who have congratulated me. I really feel a deep sense of honor to be in this position, and I want everyone who is not on the beta team to know and realize that honestly what this means, is there is a known face and personality behind finding bugs.

There will be announcements soon for ways that "regular lightwave users" can participate in the squashing of bugs. LWBUGS at newtek dot com will go to me as well. Simple scenes, screenshots, and step by step directions to produce a bug will get to me, and I'll see to it personally that the information makes it to the team.

I'm a user too and really want to let everyone know that I'm here to see LightWave into the future.

Now, as to what version we're testing -- well now I just can't say that aloud now can I. But know this, there's good things afoot.

:airguitar :airguitar :airguitar

KillMe
10-29-2002, 02:44 PM
congrats

wish you lots of luck finding those bugs of cource if you miss some some we now know who to go after (joking)

as for what your beta testing ah what i wouldn't give for just the main feature list :D

Cman
10-29-2002, 02:55 PM
Get the steel toe boots, they make quick work of bugs! :)
Congratulations. :beer:

uncommongrafx
10-29-2002, 03:05 PM
Sounds like the wranglin's over... Very good to hear.

Congrats, Deuce. Nice to see the future being dealt with.

Robert Wilson
UnCommon Grafx

Nicodemus
10-29-2002, 04:26 PM
Congrats man.......talk about a cool gig.

Nic,

toonshady
10-29-2002, 07:58 PM
(Judge Deuce)

Now I finally understand why Deuce is wearing the judge helmet. Duh!:)

DigitalDeuce
10-29-2002, 08:43 PM
hehehehehehe

More coffee !!! STAT!!!
:applause:

RuiFeliciano
10-29-2002, 10:40 PM
Congratulations Deuce!

If I could ask you only one thing for you to acomplish that has failed to work for the last 8 years (I've only known LW for that long) is that bug fixes occur in a timely maner and by this I mean 1-2 weeks most for stupid bugs that take months for Newtek to relase a stupid bug fix only because they want to include other features too. Sometimes the people Newtek buys the plugins from to include in LW release fixes in a matter of hours and it takes Newtek months to release it (MM 1). Forcing users to deal with bugs for many months severely hampering their workflow only because they also want to include new features is *bad* for Newtek's financial health as more and more users get *forced* (this is the correct term) to find better/more reliable alternatives to include on their workflow. Sure LW keeps getting used but does Newtek really want to keep selling licences only because LW comes with a great modeler and good renderer only? AND the renderer portion is more and more getting debated over...with the recent move from Alias now Newtek's argument is that LW does include 999 render nodes whereas MAYA does not...how long do you think that argument too will fall?
Much better than including half-cooked features in the next patch/upgrade, surprise us all with a release that has all the features that LW already has working together and reliably.

Best wishes for your new position.

DigitalDeuce
10-29-2002, 10:55 PM
I appreciate that -- and believe me when I say this:

I'll do what I can. I'm only part of the machine, I can say things and make my feelings known, but that type of decision is out of my hands.

Thank you -- and I'm here. Feel free to email me. I'm accessible.

Deuce at Newtek dot com.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.