PDA

View Full Version : SDK and HD_Instance etc

DMack
07-29-2005, 11:14 AM
So....do the changes to the SDK/LW mean that HD_Instance will be able to work with sasquatch....regards depth information. At the moment one always sits on top of the other....not sure which way it is.....this would be SERIOUSLY helpful!

I am assuming this would need a change from both HD_Instance and Sasquatch.....speaking of which....lots about FPrime and G2...but nothing about Sasquatch.....I wonder if that's being worked on?

Anyone any ideas on both points?

Panikos
07-29-2005, 01:00 PM
Long time ago I detected a bug in HD_Instance.
The PixelFilter plugin of HD_Instance didnt work with DOF.
Graham fixed this.

As you know, Sasquatch is a compositor that works in LW 3d world. That means that Sasquatch is "invisible" to LW and Worley does some elegant tricks to bring it closer in terms of shadow casting and depth.

Having an improved SDK means that developers will revise their code and adopt the new possibilities. Its a matter of user requests and harmonious relations between Newtek and 3rd party developers and among them too.

Currently HD_Instance can co-exist with Sasquatch. Maybe you are using an older version.
The last is 1.7.0

duke
07-29-2005, 03:07 PM
Graham is great about making updates - like Panikos said, make sure you have the latest version. The changelog is quite large :D

DMack
07-29-2005, 04:34 PM
OK....this is interesting. I have HD_Instance V1.7. Instances appear fine infront of fur but when you have fur infront of instances, it's fine where you have hard geometry beneath the fur but where the fur protrudes into space, it simply isn't rendered at my end...I assume you're getting something different? Are you sure? If it is working perfectly then let me know...this would be great for a project I am working on right now.

I look forward to hearing your results!

David

duke
07-30-2005, 04:14 AM
I don't have it here - only at work. Your best bet is to contact Graham with a test scene or something, he's usually very quick at replying.

Panikos
07-30-2005, 04:44 AM
This is a Copy-Paste from HD_Instance web:

"There are quite a few popular pixel filter plug-ins that render objects or fur or whatnot, and none of them work very well with volumetric plug-ins like HD Instance. To get around this problem, simply add the HD Instance Pixel Filter plug-in before the other pixel filter plug-ins. Do not remove the volumetric plug-in! Just add the pixel filter. Note that HD Instance does not work with some other pixel filters if multiple threads are used. The work-around is to use only one thread. This will be fixed in a future version."

Also, try to render without HD_Instance and confirm that is not Sasquatch settings that are causing the problem.
Disable multithreading Sasquatch renderer too.

Hope this helps

DMack
07-30-2005, 08:55 AM
Panikos,

A massive thank you! I had no idea that the pixel filter wold sort that issue out. This is REALLY going to help with a project that I am working on! Thanks so much and good to have you around on the forum!

WOOOHOOOO!

CGTalk Moderation
07-30-2005, 08:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.