PDA

View Full Version : Wacom Intuos 3 flappy tablet cover Question!

rucknraul
07-29-2005, 09:24 AM
Hello every one!

I'm a proud new owner of an Intuos 3 9x12 tablet and i must say it is everything i was hoping for and more.
There is only one glitch... if a glitch indeed it is. When i'm using the tablet, the bottom edge of the plastic surface on witch i'm drawing on tends to stick to my hand and slightly lift away from the tablet and fall back as soon as it unsticks. This is'nt a major issue but it is bothering me from time to time.

If any one knows what i'm talking about or has the same "problem" i would greatly apreciate a reply one your part.

Thanx

stephen2002
07-30-2005, 12:23 AM
That surface is there so you can stick something paper underneat it and trace. If you don't plan on using it for that purpose a few pieces of double-stick tape should hold it down.

rucknraul
08-02-2005, 06:52 AM
That surface is there so you can stick something paper underneat it and trace. If you don't plan on using it for that purpose a few pieces of double-stick tape should hold it down.

Thanks for your replie! I've tryed to put a drawing under it in order to "trace" it but the cover is totally opaque therefore I don't think it is used for that.

Anyone has the same problem?!:shrug:

lokki
08-04-2005, 03:34 AM
I think it's a manufacturing defect. The new line doesn't have the same flap as the previous versions, since most people didn't bother with it (the same reason they axed the function keys).

Write to Wacom and let them know - you may be able to exchange it, or they will tell you how best to fix it (like superglue gel, perhaps).

Sephiros9883
08-04-2005, 10:00 PM
Yep mine doesn't move at all, even with this crazy weather where ahnds become all sweaty and stichy :P

rucknraul
08-17-2005, 01:28 PM
Well, i got a replie from the Wacom Europe tech support saying that this is not a manufacturing defect nor a problem (for them):rolleyes: it is only so the drawing surface can be replaced more easily. Meanwhile he recommended that i stick it down with double-sided tape.

Oh well... I guess that's that!:shrug:

DonaldKasper
08-17-2005, 02:19 PM
I think it's a manufacturing defect. The new line doesn't have the same flap as the previous versions, since most people didn't bother with it (the same reason they axed the function keys).

Write to Wacom and let them know - you may be able to exchange it, or they will tell you how best to fix it (like superglue gel, perhaps).

What? they got rid of the functions keys? oh hell. I thought that was the coolest part when I bought an older wacom tablet. =]

CGTalk Moderation
08-17-2005, 02:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.