PDA

View Full Version : Morgue texturing needed for "Don't Drink and Drive" commercial project

res05
07-29-2005, 02:16 AM
Hey guys,

I'm working on a "Don't Drink and Drive" public service announcement and I'm in need of a talented texture and surface artist to add some rusted character to a morgue scene I have in Cinema4D. The artist will just need to texture the objects and maybe add an ambient occlusion or dirt pass if necessary. The final rendered movies will be of various camera shots throughout the morgue, and they will also be in grayscale similar to the Hostage titles.

http://laurent.brett.free.fr/videos/Hostage.mov

The camera movements have already been made and the final renders will be done on my home computer. So far I've enlisted various other artists who have done a great job in their specialties like Chaz Windus from blazinglazer.com who has produced an awesome soundtrack for the video. Dade from fictionpixel.com told me that this is a great community for finding great talent and good people to work with. If you would like to help, you can drop me a message with contact info, and I can go ahead and send the models and anything else that you may need.

Thanks,

David

res05
07-30-2005, 06:33 PM
Here's an example of what I'm going for. I simulated the dirt and grime in Photoshop.

Also note that once the grayscale 3D render is made, I'm going to apply a 4-color gradient map to give it a look similar to Shilo's comserv video.

http://www.fictionpixel.com/v5/portfolio/motion/comserv/comserv_qt_001.html

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I can also supply the story board and/or script upon request.

I'm really enthusiastic about this project and I've been working on it for about 5-6 months trying to get what I have already. Also keep in mind, that even though this might seem like another corny public service announcement, the aim of this project is to break that very triteness and create something totally removed from what's out there right now. My aim is to appeal to a younger audience and possibly save some lives by creating something catchy and fresh. So please, help me out, and by doing so you'll also be doing a service to a lot of other people.

Thanks

res05
07-31-2005, 06:55 PM
Hey guys, I've manged to get enough help for my project, but I'm always looking for more.

Pjanssen
08-06-2005, 08:15 AM
Hey Res05,

I was wondering, you're talking about this being a commercial project. But what exactly do you mean with that? That you're making a commercial, or that the project is commercial?
I think that's quite a difference which could maybe be interpreted wrong by viewers who might be interested in the project at first.
I mean, an artist wouldn't want to work on a commercial project for free you know. So maybe it's a good idea to make that clearer in your post/thread title.

Just my 2 cents. :)

res05
08-06-2005, 08:39 AM
Hey Res05,

I was wondering, you're talking about this being a commercial project. But what exactly do you mean with that? That you're making a commercial, or that the project is commercial?
I think that's quite a difference which could maybe be interpreted wrong by viewers who might be interested in the project at first.
I mean, an artist wouldn't want to work on a commercial project for free you know. So maybe it's a good idea to make that clearer in your post/thread title.

Just my 2 cents. :)

I use the word commercial as a generic term for something that will run 15, 30, and 60 seconds... in my case 30 secods. I'm also trying to avoid the term "public service announcement" (which is what it actually is) since virtually all PSAs are gimmicky, poorly done, and inaffective.

Also, as I understand, this section of the forum is specifically for non-paying collaberative projects.

Pjanssen
08-06-2005, 08:49 AM
I'm not sure if this is for non-paying project specifically, actually I think it isn't.
But do I understand correctly that your project is non-commercial and non-paying? :)

res05
08-06-2005, 08:55 AM
I'm not sure if this is for non-paying project specifically, actually I think it isn't.
But do I understand correctly that your project is non-commercial and non-paying? :)

It's non-paying, non-profit, and independent.

res05
08-08-2005, 03:22 AM
Hey guys... here's a render test that I got from a friend to show roughly what the style will be.

CGTalk Moderation
08-08-2005, 03:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.