PDA

View Full Version : Need Help. having troubles with mi graphic card

octopus77
07-28-2005, 03:00 PM
Hello:

Im having troubles with mi card, I think.

The monitor goes black all the time, like 5sec of normal viewing, then 2 3 seconds the image goes black, and that over and over again.

The only way of viewing the monitor is starting in VGA mode, that way it doesnt seem to have any problem.

So im thinking the problem is the graphic card, but i wanted to ask you guys first, because i dont want to buy a new one and then discover that wasnt the problem.

BTW, i have a Aopen geforce fx5200, and Ive never been hapy with it.

Thank you, and excuse mi english.

octopus77
07-28-2005, 05:44 PM
Ok guys, ive solved the problem, it was the card as i suposed.

I went to the store and they aloud me to test a new card in the shop so i checked it wo0rked O.K. and bought it.

BTW, i have a second machine, and yesterday it started to shut down sudently during render time, i put an animation to render and open a program to monitor the temperature and found that it starts with a CPU temperature of 50 (celsius), and in render time it jumps to 70 in less than a minute, and can reach 75 wich is the temerature that causes the shut down, i think that temeprature can be changed in the bios, but what i dont know is if that are normal temeratures or if im having trubles with ventilation etc.

The CPU is a P4 Prescott 3,40 GHz, with intel fan.
And BTW, here is summer and is very hot.

SweetDreamz
07-28-2005, 06:49 PM
Those temperatures are fine. Having better case ventilation wouldn't hurt either.

Ckerr812
07-28-2005, 07:06 PM
70C is way to high, is the computer itself in air conditioning?

You need to get some air moving in that case....by some case fans, or check to see if the cpu fan is seated correctly and not to much thermal grease was used.

CGTalk Moderation
07-28-2005, 07:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.