PDA

View Full Version : Physique & Character Studio - help needed

yeeeet
10-28-2002, 11:40 PM
Ive been working as a game artist for about 7 months now and I still cant get a consistant phyzique in 3dstudio. I look to other games for answers and see that they suffer from the same problems, mainly in the shoulder. Can anyone get a full range of movement from their models? Even Tekken has a few wierd things going on here and there. If anyone knows how to get consistant results(mainly in the shoulder) plz let me know!

john_homer
10-28-2002, 11:56 PM
I use Maya, so not too familiar with 3dstudio...

But I've found you can get a pretty good range of motion buy doing a good bind, and a semi-automated (dont want to take all the control away from the animator) scapula joint.
notice how you can't really move your arm up past horizontal if you hold down your shoulder with the other hand?? thats 'cos its pretty much all on the scaplua from there up.

happy rigging

.j

yeeeet
10-29-2002, 12:05 AM
Im not sure what you mean by bind...maybe if you explained it a little I could figure out the 3dstudio equivelant. Thanks for the feedback

john_homer
10-29-2002, 07:43 AM
bind -> skinning, enveloping, weighting..
the amount of influence a vert/cv/whatever gets from each influence object (ie joint)

.j

amnon
11-09-2002, 10:12 PM
hi there.
i'm also a 3ds max user.
i'm using the skin modifier.
the skin modifier has angle deformers which work well.
only that skinig is a pain in the arse.
it takes a lot of time and work to get stuff to look right.
but you should check it out.

Beastie
11-19-2002, 11:49 PM
Does anyone know of a good character studio/physique tutorial?

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.