PDA

View Full Version : Real World Dynamic Units?

ChristianChoi
07-28-2005, 09:35 AM
Does anyone have any reference to what the equivelents to real world dynamics attribujtes would be for example 1 mass - 1kg or 1lb. Friction, gravity, damping, and anything else that could be converted into real world units would be especially appreciative.

I'm trying to do some realistic simulations that depend on mass and ridgid bodies and am trying to get the closest possible solutions.

Thanks,
Christian Choi

housewarmer
07-28-2005, 10:15 AM
Does anyone have any reference to what the equivelents to real world dynamics attribujtes would be for example 1 mass - 1kg or 1lb. Friction, gravity, damping, and anything else that could be converted into real world units would be especially appreciative.

I'm trying to do some realistic simulations that depend on mass and ridgid bodies and am trying to get the closest possible solutions.

Thanks,
Christian Choi

By and large I believe that Maya uses metric notation for its dynamic simulations. For instance gravity is defined in meters/sec in the gravity field node as well as fluids, though it's in centimeters/sec for cloth. Go figure. For everything else though, I don't really know what the specific RW equivilents are.

coccosoids
11-25-2005, 04:52 PM
i was searching the forums for the very same answer... and still no luck
i was thinkin` of reviving this post because it would be fair to all guys -like me btw- that don't have the genes of mr. newton to gain a little bit of info on what exactly are they tweaking in maya...mass/force units in maya are the equivalent of - what? in metric units and so on...
anyone who has any information plase share, it would make my life - at least - a ton less frustrating..

CGTalk Moderation
11-25-2005, 04:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.