PDA

View Full Version : Boxx 2300 Graphics Cards

ML76
07-28-2005, 06:26 AM
Hiyas... I hope I don't get yelled at for starting a geforce vs. quadro thread....

Anyway, I'm going to order a Boxx 2300 mobile workstation and I'm trying to decide on a graphics card. Does anyone know how much more powerful the Quadro FX go 1400 is than the Geforce 6800 Ultra? I've never had a Quadro card before, but I want to get the best I can for both using Maya and also for playing games. Is it worth it to go for the Quadro even though its drivers won't be as compatible with games? I know that I could soft mod the Geforce for use with Maya, so that's not that big an issue.

Thanks!

ML

DuttyFoot
07-28-2005, 07:07 AM
i have a quadro 750 and i can play games without any problem so you should be able to do the same.

mattwright
07-28-2005, 06:42 PM
I have the boxx laptop you are talking of... I would go with the Quadro... I have never really liked using game cards for 3d - and I can tell ya, this Quadro FX Go in these is really pretty darn quick for doing 3d work on. I have no experience whether this will work with games or not - I would be more worried if the screen refresh was fast enough for games ( I am pretty sure it is - i get no ghosting when working with 3D).

DuttyFoot
07-29-2005, 04:57 PM
i was thinking about getting that laptop, how is the overall performance. what are the specs of your boxx 2300..maxwright

CGTalk Moderation
07-29-2005, 04:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.