PDA

View Full Version : LCD Problem

Psotek
07-28-2005, 06:03 AM
Hey all,

I just picked up a Samsung SyncMaster 930B 19" LCD Monitor and I hate it. I went from a 19" NEC MultiSync and I just cant get used to this LCD screen. Its so damn bright its like looking into a lightbulb. I cant sit in front of it longer than 15 minutes without my eyes starting to squint. Ive turned down contrast / brightness etc, but it just doesnt help. I cant get colours setup right (blacks dont have enough variety) and other colours are just too bright. Plus the stupid MagicTune software wont work, even though my x700 Radeon is supported...

Plus it kinda bothers me that this LCD only supports 16.2 million colours...

I think im going to return this thing. The reason I switched is because my NEC crt is damaged, but I think I just might go and repair it.

Am I just being anal about all this or has anyone else had similar experiences?

-Bartek

ash18march
07-28-2005, 08:46 AM
first of all i have never personal owned a lcd moniter because even some of the best lcd are worthless if u want good colour reproduction especailly if u are into cg crt is the way to go so i suggest u return that one and buy a good crt

MattH
07-29-2005, 07:56 AM
Worthless? Hardly. My Dell 2405FPW 24" widescreen is QUITE nice. The 1900x1200 resolution provides an insane amount of workspace, and it's color is great, low response time (no ghosting), and an overall great picture.

If you look around hard enough, knowing what you want out of a monitor, you can find some really nice LCDs.

Zaoldyeck
07-29-2005, 02:52 PM
Worthless? Hardly. My Dell 2405FPW 24" widescreen is QUITE nice. The 1900x1200 resolution provides an insane amount of workspace, and it's color is great, low response time (no ghosting), and an overall great picture.

If you look around hard enough, knowing what you want out of a monitor, you can find some really nice LCDs.

Dell is the way to go in my opinion. Have those up at school and they're just short of being godlike. Just wish they weren't so damn expensive here. :sad:

SweetDreamz
07-29-2005, 07:11 PM
I don't like Dell for their prices. I wanted to buy a 2005fpw, but they won't let me buy it from their USA site. Go to the Canadian Dell site, and the price is like double it. Even if it's in USD, after all the conversions and taxes, it's still a few hundred cheaper getting it from US Dell. Not fair. :(

The Samsung 930b is a great all round LCD monitor. Their new 193P+ looks pretty awesome but there isn't enough reviews yet.

CGTalk Moderation
07-29-2005, 07:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.