PDA

View Full Version : Aqua style shader for maya

CONDE3D
10-28-2002, 11:17 PM
Hi everybody! Im a new here!!
I want to make a shader that looks like the Apple's Aqua style buttons. I faked it (without raytrace) using an area light for the inside color and a texture reflected. Still image looks great, but if I animate the camera around it, the illusion get lost!
So, Im asking for shader network connections or something to make a shader like this!

Thanx!!

Conde

Stahlberg
11-05-2002, 05:04 AM
For the highlight at the top, use the Glossy shader by Adam Martinez (in his collection 'Nachos and Cheese' at Highend3d.com).
Or you could create that highlight with an appropriate reflection map.

For the internal caustic, the glowing hotspot at the bottom, you could use a Blinn highlight in a more saturated color than whatever is the base color. (So don't make the base color maximum saturation.)
You could also make the sphere semi-transparent and put a point-light with a blue glow inside it. Or another smaller sphere with a fall-off shader mapped on incandescence, so it looks like a blurry blob.

CONDE3D
11-05-2002, 05:49 AM
Thanx a lot Stahlberg!!!
I'm working on it. I analized a pill (really dont know how exactly do you name it) that looked the same way that my sphere does. I was confuse about how the light worked inside the sphere, but now I realize thatit refracts the caustic (and the enviroment too of course). I will make some tests about it and will try your tips too!! (the point light with glow seems to be a good way)

Thanx again!!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.