PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Making 3d

Powerhouse
07-28-2005, 12:13 AM
I Hope this is the place for the request I am making.

I have made a set of blueprints for my own concept car. I have no clue how to do this 3D stuff but I am in total awe of the talent here.

After trying to determine what build I wanted to pursue in my garage for a home built car, I have designed my own.

Here's the help I need: Someone to translate my Idea in to a 3d file suitable for a CNC machine to mill it out in foam.

and a few photo realistic renders. Can anyone help me out?

jayreef
08-01-2005, 10:14 PM
ok, what you got then :)

find out what file format you need for the CNC machine, and any specs required for the foam cutting, and i will model it for you :)

but i need the images :thumbsup:

jayreef
08-04-2005, 10:23 PM
:edit:, removed progress, modelling the wrong car, lol....

not TVR based at all :banghead:

Powerhouse
08-06-2005, 03:38 AM
LOL that is funny!!!

:edit:, removed progress, modelling the wrong car, lol....

not TVR based at all :banghead:

cschandramouli
08-06-2005, 05:30 AM
Hey PowerHouse... I am a mechanical engg. myself. I'd suggest you go for softwares like ProE, CATIA, etc., which are designed for the purpose of making 3D structural models. Of course, you can make them in these softs too... But those softs I mentioned are meant for the purpose. Coz I've used it myself in my 3rd year of engg. to design the engine and stuff (a part of our curriculum)...

Mouli

Powerhouse
08-07-2005, 01:46 AM
Hey PowerHouse... I am a mechanical engg. myself. I'd suggest you go for softwares like ProE, CATIA, etc., which are designed for the purpose of making 3D structural models. Of course, you can make them in these softs too... But those softs I mentioned are meant for the purpose. Coz I've used it myself in my 3rd year of engg. to design the engine and stuff (a part of our curriculum)...

Mouli

perhaps you could help me design the chassis? for use with a V10 engine?

CGTalk Moderation
08-07-2005, 01:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.