PDA

View Full Version : Firewire capture proplem

trevlb
07-27-2005, 09:47 PM
I've been trying to caputure video w/ vegas and combustion via firewire. After searching all over the web this is the problem as near as I can understand it:

My motherboard's built in firewire chipset is Texas Instruments, and the above software's don't like the drivers for that. What has been recommended is to install the Microsoft DV Camera and VCR device. This seems easy enough, and after searching my hard drive I even found the appropriate .inf and .sys files there (msdv.inf, msdv.sys I think). The problem is that every time I plug in the camera and attempt to install it, I can never get it to install as a Microsoft DV Camera and VCR device. That option is not available. My question is:

Does anyone know of a way to do this on XP? Is it a limitation of the onboard firewire, i.e. it can only be installed with the Texas Instruments drivers? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

imashination
07-28-2005, 12:18 AM
99.9999% of all firewire sockets will use the texas instruments chipset. The MS video controls are installed by default on all machines, these will show up when you activate the appropriate capture features in your video software.

CGTalk Moderation
07-28-2005, 12:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.