PDA

View Full Version : plant edtiting

doonee
07-27-2005, 06:43 PM
hi all
im building a rainforest and thus been wondering to what degree i can twist and tweak the wellknown VUE plum and maple trees into tropical forest species ...
To get somewhat close, besides increasing trunk diameter and height, i also need the treetop to have a more umbrella or mushroom type shape, and no or hardly any branches except for the top 15% of the tree.
I had most trouble determining the point where branching starts, and did not do too well
in tweaking the umbrella top either :)

Can anyone help me out ?

Also, id like to mess with the bottom part of the trunk, in order to create butress roots etc. (a tent-like structure made up by aboveground roots enclosing the lower trunk and sustaining it)

regards and thanks
doonee

doonee
07-28-2005, 10:59 PM
I took this subject over to the thread "stupid question im sure, but ..." cause its dealing with the same question, on the same day, so ....
rdgs
d

bruno021
07-31-2005, 06:59 PM
I'm afraid you can't change the branching distribution, you can only act on the size, diameter, angle and a few other basic things. You might be able to change the base of the trunk, but only if it is already a distinct subset, but if the trunk is one object, then there is nothing you can do.

doonee
08-04-2005, 10:58 AM
thank you bruno :)

ChristieK
08-04-2005, 07:00 PM
There's an Umbrella Acacia in the standard Plants collection; it may have more the shape you're looking for, and might be easier to edit into the trees your trying to get.

CGTalk Moderation
08-04-2005, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.