PDA

View Full Version : How to make this solid glass

leon08081981
07-27-2005, 05:05 PM
http://home.pchome.com.tw/art/leonchiu1981/1988_ferrari_f40_13_m.jpg

I try to rebuild this glass,but i don't know how to work it out on the holes,the holes connect outter and inner side,this drive me crazy !give me a hlep plz~~~

cosmoLV
08-17-2005, 03:17 AM
Glas making is wery simply - i find my own way how make a real loking glass in Maya - u need use a mentalRay remdering and options on shader and Point Light(swich emit photons on), The glas material - use Blinn - make transparency to maximum Eccentricity: 0.149 / Specular Roll Off: To maximum / specular Color: V - 0.496 (in colorBox)

in Photon attributes swich off - derive From Maya and hit the take settings from maya Button

Then go to Custom shaders (in out color surface shader) giv a matereal shader Dielectric matereal, and photon shader - dielectric matereal Photon - giv each of them lor 1.300

Tune up mental ray rendering settings:

For two sided material - i mean like box withot a special walls inside, mmmmm... for example simple window glass

mentalRay settings to production
-> keep up in mind raytracing how many walls in your glas and how times need to light hit the glas walls - in winow glass u have 2 walls

that means Reflections set to 3 [(2+1(always +1))] - Refractions to 3 - max trace deepth 2 + 2 = 4 always + 2 - shadow trace deepth 3

caustics and global illumination: - swich on Caustics And caustics filter tipe swich to Cone

CGTalk Moderation
08-17-2005, 03:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.