PDA

View Full Version : new character rig..

Tudor
10-28-2002, 08:13 PM
Created a new character rig.. And I felt like sharing :)

http://www.dalnet.se/~tudor/download/The_dude.zip

pivot on heel, toe, and ball of the foot on just one object.. (try the scale channels).
when rotating the hand on the bank axis, the whole forearm rotates with it.. Almost no ugly deformation.
rotate the chest and the belly will follow.. Linked.. actually works fine.

Well.. Give it a try and tell me what you think.. Feels like it is the best rig I've done so far.

Julez4001
10-28-2002, 08:58 PM
Maybe u should lock all bones except for the needed ones as selecting can be a chore.

Tudor
10-28-2002, 08:58 PM
True.. Very true..

Fixed it.. Replaced the old one.

proton
10-28-2002, 10:54 PM
Thanx for sharing...I'll be sure to have a look when things slow down a bit.....

proton
10-28-2002, 10:55 PM
care to do a tutorial on rigging for the LW site....I'm sure everyone would love to see one!:wavey:

Tudor
10-29-2002, 10:27 AM
Sure I could.. I would want to spend a little more time perfecting it first though. Reworking the arms right now.

toonshady
10-30-2002, 12:21 AM
Ah, I was gonna tell you that I can't lift the dude's upper arm above his shoulder and the rotation of hand controllers are weird. Also i think there might be a little problem if I want to position the character as a whole quickly to somewhere else before animating. Cool rig and classic character though.

Daniel
10-30-2002, 01:01 AM
Hey Tudor.

Long time not seen...I meet U years ago @ #lightwavers (or #lightwave) I'm not sure ;)

My nick was "xen" or "xeno" or already "tah-kan".

I still have one old Character, and a small face modeling tut, U send me this time :p

hehe...regards, Daniel

Tudor
10-30-2002, 07:57 AM
toonshady: Aware of the problems that the foot controllers cant be parented to other objects and moved.. In the process of fixing that though :) And the upper arm. I set that limit because a real human cant move his arm up more than that. After that the collarbone takes over. Try it and you'll see that I'm correct in this.

Daniel: Hey! nice to see you again! And it was tah-kan back then :) Remember that head tut.. Changed ways of doing stuff now though I am afraid..

toonshady
10-31-2002, 01:56 AM
yup, now i can have his hands reach up and scratch his head. Thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.